24th November 2014 07:08:46 K-Zodron View post »
24th November 2014 11:05:42 GM Siegfried View post »
3rd December 2014 08:32:53 K-Zodron View post »
Devilish Spectre
Player

Elysium
Level 200
Mage
25th November 2014 17:28:37 (Last edited 25th November 2014 17:35:46)

And we you are talkin about damage. But much more things are broken.

For example skills.
I know - it is hard compare mage to warrior. But long long time ago we finally decide that 80 magic lvl is like 100 melee / distance. But, guys, 80 mlvl is like a barrier. 1 year later, and nobody advance to magic level 80. However, +110 players got melee +100. Is it fair?!

Below, little FAQ about mages, magic level and MONEY!

Why 80 magic level is barrier?
Im not sure but to get mlvl 78 (from 77) I need to burn 50 backpacks of mana vials.

50 * 2400 = 120,000
I must click on 32 x 32 square 120,000 times.

If you dont know 50 backapcks cost 3,36 kk net. WOW!

How many combos to advance mlvl 78? Well, lets count
50 * 2400 * 125 (avg value of mana in mana vial; [100+150]/2=125)
Again,
50 * 2400 * 125 = 15,000,000

My average combo cost 670 mana. So I must make 21,000 perfect combos*. Is it fair?
* after deduction of the mana needed for buffs, wand (like 5-10 % of total used mana)

Ahhh, as I said before my each combo cost 670 mana (~about 150 gold pieces / combo). Mage must pay a lot for damage, even with it we are not able to get higher exp/hour at hunt. Is it fair?

So, from magic lvl 77 to 80 I must to make about 70,000 -80,000 perfect combos. INSANE!
- click every second at hotkey - combo, heal, buff etc
- still run by using UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT keys

Sadly, even eight-handed mage is not able to get higher exp per hour! Is it fair?
Is it fair? Wariors got FOLLOW, why mages (most fragile profession) dont have RUN AROUND MONSTER ? :] Is it fair?

And 100 melee? Long long time K-Zodron said that he will think about capped skills at Elysium. Sadly warriors are still able to get insane skills. High lvled warrior are able to block 5-8 crystal dragons / dracolishes / etc. Fosti can make 1 kk+ / hour.... Im pretty sure that Luis (similar level) cant.
Angk
Player

Pharos
Level 91
Ranger
25th November 2014 17:56:29

Quoting Dancore:
Quoting Angk:
Quoting Dancore:
Jotakin työpanostuksesta ja muutenkin ihmisten kommenteista

Well, like I said, everything needs a lot of balancing, and without it, we can aswell just do nothing, cuz we gain nothing for half done changes.

Game has sucked back then in pvp and sucks still in pvp. Just that before it was mainly mages op and since without task system it was quite much more annoying lvl up mage, it was ok with few high lvl mages there. Now, everyone are high skilled rangers/warriors or high level mages. Damage is even sicker than before.

But, yeah, core is still crap back in the days ever since sub-classes came (well, ok... before that it was kinda... "beta", but a lot funnier at least) and ever since there's been sub-classes, there's been crying about balance in pvp.

Ei millään pahalla ketään kohtaan, mutta... :p
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
25th November 2014 18:02:59

Wolf, I like your point, but no need to make stupid numbers. Fosti cant get even close to 1kk exp/h Im pretty sure. But the truth is that mage cant compete with rangers in that sphere.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
25th November 2014 18:07:43

What are you talkimg about... 7.4 tibia tactical game? Ranger cant do any damage, so cant warrior. 3 mages kill everyone with combo ue. And thats is 1click per person unlike zezenia where u actually need timming

Vee's idea also unacceptable. As 85lvl warrior could survive everyone wih hp flasks and as instant combo would have no point, mage would have no use against anyone but warriors. Pyro is hard to kill now, but after changes hp/manaflasks would make him undisputed. And overall there would be no frags taken, as people would run around till enemies gather 10people.
Devilish Spectre
Player

Elysium
Level 200
Mage
25th November 2014 18:22:29 (Last edited 25th November 2014 18:24:19)

Quoting Baltas:
Wolf, I like your point, but no need to make stupid numbers. Fosti cant get even close to 1kk exp/h Im pretty sure. But the truth is that mage cant compete with rangers in that sphere.

Baltas, all of us, know that you love numbers :].

Im trying to show other important things. Proffesion are really unbalanced.
Well, here is a legend:
Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Few players think that mage is best class ever. Are you sure... I will show you that professions are unbalanced :]
If we compare mage to other classes, it is true, due combo they have biggest maximal possible damage /per second.

However, mages are not four-handed monsters, they are not able to non stop use their most dangerous ability - combo. Due this reason, mage's damage is relatively lower.

It means, their exp/hour is also lower :]

Ahh, I forgot, risk rate....

And again. Is it fair? Moreover, below 2 another diagrams. First, about
- profitability of hunts.

Second one about costs

And again. Is it fair?
Pina Wl
Player

Platon
Level 140
Mage
25th November 2014 18:25:00

Quoting Baltas:
What are you talkimg about... 7.4 tibia tactical game? Ranger cant do any damage, so cant warrior. 3 mages kill everyone with combo ue. And thats is 1click per person unlike zezenia where u actually need timming

cuz this tibia reduce the damage on pvp after 7.4 .
Pina Wl
Player

Platon
Level 140
Mage
25th November 2014 18:33:37

Quoting Gruppenfuhrer Wolf:
Quoting Baltas:

Baltas, all of us, know that you love numbers :].

Im trying to show other important things. Proffesion are really unbalanced.
Well, here is a legend:

Few players think that mage is best class ever. Are you sure... I will show you that professions are unbalanced :]
If we compare mage to other classes, it is true, due combo they have biggest maximal possible damage /per second.

However, mages are not four-handed monsters, they are not able to non stop use their most dangerous ability - combo. Due this reason, mage's damage is relatively lower.

It means, their exp/hour is also lower :]

Ahh, I forgot, risk rate....

And again. Is it fair? Moreover, below 2 another diagrams. First, about
- profitability of hunts.

Second one about costs

And again. Is it fair?

u just forget one thing.
about task, and time playing.
mages can make gold task while both are making skills.

rangers need one month task to get skill 60.

alot of another things is relative on this the eq. and economy of the server, how much worth .... etc.

and at last. rangers is good on pvp but mage can hs u, rangers can kill but not like mags.
Madhouse
Player

Elysium
Level 180
Warrior
25th November 2014 18:34:36 (Last edited 25th November 2014 18:40:28)

Quoting Baltas:

Vee's idea also unacceptable. As 85lvl warrior could survive everyone wih hp flasks and as instant combo would have no point, mage would have no use against anyone but warriors. Pyro is hard to kill now, but after changes hp/manaflasks would make him undisputed. And overall there would be no frags taken, as people would run around till enemies gather 10people.

That just shows that you either didn't play tibia back then or you didn't make it past rotworms.

You did however mention the problem. The reason zezenia pvp is so easy is that there is no cap system and people can heal from 0 to full in an instant which means you either kill someone or you don't (given they know how to play). Now if there was a cap system in the game, you could drain them from supplies (don't come saying you can do it right now as well because it would probably take a month to drain high lvl from his supplies).

Also damage dealing being very 1 dimensional here hurts as well (if you are a mage, you combo, the end), while in tibia it was much, much more diverse.

Now even if KZ wanted to, it would be close to impossible to implement the good old tibia system because that would mean remaking everything else as well from the healing system to hunting to the way pots work and so on.

And last but not least, there was a topic about this subject years ago where people contributed to how a good pvp system would look like and the only one who ever read it was Hyuga, so yeah.. they don't want your insight. If they did they would just take a look at that thread since little has changed in that regard over the years.
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
25th November 2014 18:41:31

Quoting Gap:
Quoting Baltas:

That's cuz tibia has 30k people playing the game, how much do we have?
Pina Wl
Player

Platon
Level 140
Mage
25th November 2014 18:45:10

Quoting Dancore:
Quoting Gap:
Quoting Baltas:

That's cuz tibia has 30k people playing the game, how much do we have?

in tibia we cant hs with 3 mages.

and the game works so diference, and much more strategy on pvp. Ill give u a exemple, most of the traps we usually do here, if come from tibia style traps. but not all.

nobody here comes into the cave, blind u with magic walls lure creatures and heal while combo. dont need too much to kill someone.
is like madhouse says..
« First
2 3 4 5 6
Last »