24th November 2014 07:08:46 K-Zodron View post »
24th November 2014 11:05:42 GM Siegfried View post »
3rd December 2014 08:32:53 K-Zodron View post »
Ronnie
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Ranger
24th November 2014 19:39:55 (Last edited 24th November 2014 19:40:11)

will it be pvp-e on everath?

havent read all posts, dont want to just want to know.
Isak Sworder
Player

Pharos
Level 145
Warrior
24th November 2014 21:17:54 (Last edited 24th November 2014 23:41:21)

Quoting K-Zodron:

Due to some unforeseen events it has been a little silent on the Zezenia development front in the past few months. However, things are again looking up and concrete progress has been made with the next major update for some time now. We're still confident that the update can be released before Christmas, likely coupled with some nice holiday events.

In the last devlog we unveiled the plans to implement crafting, brewing and gathering. In addition to that, in an effort to spice up the general gameplay, we are replacing the current Objectives system with an Achievements system. You could call them "little quests", where you achieve little titles when you reach a milestone or for example explore a number of areas in the game. The achievement titles will be displayed on your character page on the website. A full list of available achievements will be released in connection with the test server.

Speaking of a test server, it's planned that we will try some new configurations for PVP on the test server. For example PVP might be limited to only players who have level 20 or above, and PVP damage will be reduced to 25%-50% less than PVE damage. Note that these changes are not final and will only make the update if the feedback gathered from the test is mainly positive.

The exact date for the test server is not yet known. Of course will keep you updated when a date is set!

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
The current "Objectives" will be replaced by Achievements (list may change).

@Achievements system, Nice, I really like this achievements system, there is actually more to do ingame and earn some nice titles and of course some secret ones too? What kind of rewards do you get from the this "little quests" titles only or other rewards too?

25%-50% less; Of course I don't like this idea, but this is also interesting to test the big changes in PvP, looking forward for this!

Good job, keep up with updating !

EDIT 1:

Events proposal

Football Tournament

Monster Raids, doesn't matter all kind of monsters like creeps, orcs, swarms, goblins, spiderlings and etc...

Boss raid, This could be hosted in a special place out of town like somewhere in Ben Qarassih or Bersund etc...

Hide and Seek event (Find the GM)

Full moon event idea by Gruppenfuhrer Wolf All monsters turns to enraged monsters, duration 1 hour - 2 hours?

Christmas Clash (Warzone event)

Tic Tac Toe event

Capture the flag
------------------------
Only event proposal ^
Bossinator
Player

Pharos
Level 17
Ranger
24th November 2014 22:27:40 (Last edited 24th November 2014 22:33:41)

Curious on what the point of the achievements will be? will you gain something for completeing them all or just another worthless feature Zezenia has to offer?

I understand the titles per achievement but will there be more?
Warlockk Tryndamere
Player

Platon
Level 4
Mage
25th November 2014 04:33:28 (Last edited 25th November 2014 04:40:53)

Few suggestions for you, K-Zodron.

To make these new functions have sense and work fine with your game:

-[Achievement Log]: Each achievement will yield certain ammount of experience reward and few achievements will reward the players with unique item rewards, such as simply potions, cheap/expenssive weapons/armors (...) and/or also unique decoration items.

-[Crafting/Brewing]: I have no clue about how your system is going to work, but I propose you to give experience reward per crafted potion/item. It will work as an additional way of leveling up your character. For example, crafting 1 potion of X type would give your character 500 experience, while a potion of Y type would give you 750 experience. blablabla.

If you want your game to grow, you cannot just add useless or, atleast, unrelated things. You must link, correlact, universalize all the functions of the game to give a purpose to them. If you want to implement crafting and achievement log or anything else, you must give these stuff a purpose. Why would players want to acquire certain achievements? For no reason? Why would players spend time and supplies to craft a potion, craft some item or whatsoever? There must be something to induce and stimulate players to do those things.

@PvP damage:
As few players stated above, there isn't a simple solution for the PvP. If you wanna fix the PvP system, pay attention to the details that Baltas stated on his post. The damage can't just be reduced to everyone; the current system just must be balanced. Anyways, 25-50% damage reduction is just too much. To start off, make a PvP test server with 10 to 15% damage reduction so players could test and give you feedback regarding this matter. I think a pvp test server would be more useful than a poll regarding this matter, just open a test server and then make a thread asking for players feedback input.

Just my 2 cents, good luck and I hope you are better from your previous health issues.
Good luck.
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
25th November 2014 06:59:33

Jos sä luulet et 50% pvpeehen on hyvä vaihtoehto niin pelaappas peliäs vaikka välillä niin tietäisit mitä oot joskus tekemäs.

50% takottaa et 200 warlockki poffais muhun sen wandillä ja instant spellillä, mergaa ely ja everath platoniin niin ehkä sit on tarpeeks porukkaa tappaa joku meistä isoista lvleistä...
Brown Bread
Player

Pharos
Level 106
Ranger
25th November 2014 11:20:48

Regarding the Achievements I don't think there always needs to be a EXP reward for everything placed in-game, what he could do is add a point system where after each achievement you gain X amount of points, then he could have a shop which sells various things for points I.E new potion recipes or maybe some rare materials used for crafting. He could also have daily achievements so you could continue to get the points to spend.

The brewing system doesn't need a EXP reward as it's already giving you a skilling reward which will make better potions available to you, the only thing I'm worried about is the potions being worthless as he doesn't want extra loot to drop (I can see the "Luck" potion being like +1%).

I think there is a lot of factors that need to be addressed within the PvP system and reducing damage is the first step in the right direction, obviously it will be great doing all this through PvP tests to see what works and what doesn't.
Angk
Player

Pharos
Level 91
Ranger
25th November 2014 15:10:02 (Last edited 25th November 2014 15:12:39)

Damage reduction is needed for pvp. Level is way too big part of the game at the moment, and it doesn't recruit much more than one high lvl warlock and pyromancer to run faster than anyone else, and combo everyone down.

But, damage reduction isn't good enough itself. Then people just need a lot more mages to combo people down. The problem is, that if you have 2k health, and you can heal 1k in a second, only way to kill you is the combo. To make game more tactical and fights lasting more (not just about the first clean combo), you have to also reduce healing, and raise health. Why raise health? Because if you reduce healing, there's no chance in pve anymore. So, raising maximum health to a lot higher, we can still stand most of the monsters with health potions or healer, as we did before. (That also makes teamhunting more needed).
Also warriors are too tanky. If you reduce 50% damage, it's okay, but we need to also reduce defending, or as I would prefer, add shield breaking like in Tibia. It's simple way to give warriors advantage over rangers, but making them still vulnerable vs bigger teams.

I'll try write it still short here.

Game now:

- high damage
- high healing
- low base health

Game hopefully one day
- weaker damage
- weaker healing
- higher base health (mainly warriors)
- weaker defending

Why?
- weaker damage, more people needed to kill
- weaker healing, more about damage on time, not instant combo, also more use for healers and more challenging pve (use for blockers and healers, not just single warrior tank all)
- higher health, between mage and warriors have rly low health difference after talents and buffes now, raising warriors base health, (maybe rangers too) and keeping mages same (can raise max mana tho) makes them back in the right track. Mages with high dmg, but vulnerable, slightly stronger healing than others. Warriors a lot of health, weaker damage, low healing, good def. And rangers somewhat like warriors, expect no def and ranged.
- weaker defending, less immortal warriors.

Idea on hyvä muuttaa damage pienemmäks, että ois jotain muutakin kuin pelkkää comboo tää peli, mutta vaatii vaan muutakin kuin pelkän damagen laskun.
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
25th November 2014 15:52:16

That's a long post Vee, why not just tell him to make us 2002 tibia cuz it's shorter to write and exactly what you're asking.

I see alot of "more strategy more people needed to kill" well cold truth here if you want that then you gonna need all servers to be merged to do that, this game don't have enough players to have a pvp like that.

Why not ask another and better and still unique way to fix pvp..... (not saying i will cuz idc at all)
Angk
Player

Pharos
Level 91
Ranger
25th November 2014 16:15:30 (Last edited 25th November 2014 16:22:19)

Quoting Dancore:
That's a long post Vee, why not just tell him to make us 2002 tibia cuz it's shorter to write and exactly what you're asking.

I see alot of "more strategy more people needed to kill" well cold truth here if you want that then you gonna need all servers to be merged to do that, this game don't have enough players to have a pvp like that.

Why not ask another and better and still unique way to fix pvp..... (not saying i will cuz idc at all)

Well, actually I don't know really much about tibia, as I have played it only some in ots. But, I had a bit of league of legends in early levels more in my mind. It's hard to describe excatly how I would like it to be, as I'm not really satisfied the spells here either. What comes to Tibia ~7.4, it had really good potential in pvp, so, I don't see why it is so bad to look for good sides of it? Anyway, what I mainly want, is more value to aimable spells, a lot of weaker healing/health ration, and ofc, auto-attacks to be a lot weaker too. At the moment this game reminds me from those shooting games, where u can just hit once in the head, and target is down. Only expect, if you gain level, you get protection for it, and then you need 2 bullets sametime to your head to die.

But, yeah... I would like to see a lot of more unique spells, to slow down people, stun people, spells to protect from them etc. Dno, there's a lot of spells already, but the main power is still only in ranged/melee damage+mage's combo. No matter how much you plan the traps, luring, playing with monsters :D, paralyzes, walls, often all you have is 5 seconds, because you are lower aka slower and not enough health to survive the combo.

You can complain as much you want Dannyboy, but face it, this system has been pretty much in dead end since the beginging, and to make the pvp unique, we first gotta change the core, and if tibia happened to have good core at year 2002 (I would rather see tho even more exaggerated rates with base health and healing like for example 50lvl warrior with 4k health and 100~ healing and 150~ damage)

Anyway, obiviously everything needs a lot of balancing and without balancing we can aswell just do nothing.

It's not about copying this or that game. It's about keeping mind open for everything. If someone can actually make the game more strategy with the system we have now, go ahead and tell it, I'm listening.
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
25th November 2014 17:16:50 (Last edited 25th November 2014 17:21:31)

Quoting Angk:
Quoting Dancore:

Well, actually I don't know really much about tibia, as I have played it only some in ots. But, I had a bit of league of legends in early levels more in my mind. It's hard to describe excatly how I would like it to be, as I'm not really satisfied the spells here either. What comes to Tibia ~7.4, it had really good potential in pvp, so, I don't see why it is so bad to look for good sides of it? Anyway, what I mainly want, is more value to aimable spells, a lot of weaker healing/health ration, and ofc, auto-attacks to be a lot weaker too. At the moment this game reminds me from those shooting games, where u can just hit once in the head, and target is down. Only expect, if you gain level, you get protection for it, and then you need 2 bullets sametime to your head to die.

But, yeah... I would like to see a lot of more unique spells, to slow down people, stun people, spells to protect from them etc. Dno, there's a lot of spells already, but the main power is still only in ranged/melee damage+mage's combo. No matter how much you plan the traps, luring, playing with monsters :D, paralyzes, walls, often all you have is 5 seconds, because you are lower aka slower and not enough health to survive the combo.

You can complain as much you want Dannyboy, but face it, this system has been pretty much in dead end since the beginging, and to make the pvp unique, we first gotta change the core, and if tibia happened to have good core at year 2002 (I would rather see tho even more exaggerated rates with base health and healing like for example 50lvl warrior with 4k health and 100~ healing and 150~ damage)

Anyway, obiviously everything needs a lot of balancing and without balancing we can aswell just do nothing.

It's not about copying this or that game. It's about keeping mind open for everything. If someone can actually make the game more strategy with the system we have now, go ahead and tell it, I'm listening.

Never said this system should stay. You are asking for correct things but this is what tibia used to have and its great but its straight up copying. Also as much time as put into this game on the combo system and spells, i doubt KZ wants to change the whole pvp system away, afterall if your thought would be implemented that would take also huge ammount of time, time what staff obviously don't put into this "hobby" cuz you would have to change everything, base heal, hp, spells, damage etc... I can ask also for a lottery win coupon.

Also it's funny how many people said they play this game for pvp and yet still they complain about everything... The same thing is still here, the only thing what changed is the training system and people got high lvls that's all, i didint see any huge forum spams about changing the whole pvp etc crap back in the days when people was lower lvls.
1 2 3 4 5
Last »