14 days 6 hours ago CM Mercury View post »
Barbed Arrow
Player

Elysium
Level 106
Ranger
12 days 3 hours ago

Quoting CM Mercury:

Balancing updates are still a work in progress, the 1 second decrease of hellish volley is also more like a test to see if it makes the ranger spell rotation more viable.

-Mercury

A good feature to improve the gameplay of Rangers and Shamans could be to implement a target on the cursor to make it possible to choose the exact square on the screen to cast the spells -> Hellish Volley (rangers) and Hailstorm (shamans).

This would certainly optimize the experience/hour in hunts for these classes, without having to create new spells or change the damage or area of other existing AoE spells.
Phill Mason
Sage

Elysium
Level 478
Warrior
11 days 14 hours ago (Last edited 11 days 13 hours ago)

Cursor spells aint that bad idea neather.
Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
I would suggest on changing hailstorm to become a wave spell as shown above. Damage formula would be increased from what it is currently. The game has evolved from what it used to be so much that shamans have became rather underpowered due the lack of AOE spells thus making good ol' paladin & shaman duo extinct.

I would also change pyros fire wave to be the same with hellish archangels wave pattern with slightly increased damage from what it is.

And paladins.
Paladin is not meant to outclass barbarian as dps but currently the lack of love is painful. For paladin increasing cleave dmg or bringing desolation spell back to the game with 4 sec CD to help aoe rotation. I wouldnt increase cleaves range to fullbox.

Buff durations!
Class spesific buffs should last longer the more you level. 3mins from lvl 30, add 10 sec to duration with every 10 levels. Cooldown stays the same 3min whatever the level.

Lets talk a little about money sinks.
Right now its rather easy to make a buck in the game. I would suggest few kind of money dumps.

Enchanting:
- ability lock certain slots on rerolling making it cost 10kk a slot, 17.5kk 2 slots, 25kk 3 slots. As if I had exp, loot and melee boosts on my amulet and I wanted to reroll the other stats I could just lock these 3 stats with 25kk and let the lady fortuna roll me the rest again.
- incresed odds to upgrade the tier with gold

Gear upgrading:
- a mechanic to upgrade your gear to be better with decreasing odds and increasing gold/resource cost
- upgrading materials could be a mix of enraged/elite drop specific item and gatherable resource
- each upgrade adds around 0.1 defence for armor and 0.1 attack for weapons.
- every 5 levels there could be a tier reward such as +X to health for armor, +X to mana or crit% for rings/amulet and multistrike% and crit% for weaponry.
- upgrading could be capped at 100 with absolute of 0.01% of success.

Increase the rent of houses considerably.

Dungeon boosting! Dungeons are currently outdated and not worth of doing even for the noble Z bracers.
I would suggest the following:
- easy/medium/hard portal for each dungeon. Similar to Lady Madness.
- easy for current dungeons, 1 ticket fee
- medium with 2x monster density, 2kk and 1 ticket fee, counts as 2 dungeons completed
- hard with 4x monster density, 5kk and 1 ticket, counts as 3 dungeons completed.
- ability to enter dungeons solo 8)
Askja
Player

Elysium
Level 719
Warrior
11 days 13 hours ago

Quoting Phill Mason:
And paladins.
Paladin is not meant to outclass barbarian as dps .....

Yes, still this same argument, but it is nowadays meaningless, because we always forget the following three points:
- the real figures: do we really want the barbarians to be twice as powerful?
- its counterpart: barbarians are not supposed to equal paladins in survivability. But they have an absurd LS, and way more resistance than before.
- the desired goal: paladins are supposed to be desired in parties as tankers. This may still be somewhat true in a few particular situations. But in general exping, barbarians are better than them in this role, because no one wants to ruin their experience by hunting with a paladin anymore!

So I agree to accept this argument, but if and only if these three points are correctly settled.
Disturbed Maverick
Player

Elysium
Level 208
Warrior
11 days 7 hours ago

Quoting Phill Mason:

And paladins.
Paladin is not meant to outclass barbarian as dps but currently the lack of love is painful. For paladin increasing cleave dmg or bringing desolation spell back to the game with 4 sec CD to help aoe rotation. I wouldnt increase cleaves range to fullbox.

Nice Suggestions. I would complement it to be:

- Bring back Desolation (4s cooldown) helping with spells rotation and putting an end to the paladin's lack of damage. Keep Cleave as it is. Changing Shield Slam to 20s cooldown and finally removing Holy Sword.
Invoker
Player

Elysium
Level 695
Mage
11 days 1 hour ago

Please, for months now I've been wanting to test my warlock as a pyromancer, and my marksman as a rogue, launch a test server, just like me, I know some others who want to test the paladin, and shaman instead of their current classes!
Hexecutioner
Player

Elysium
Level 100
Mage
9 days 35 minutes ago

It would be interesting if the Balancing Updates for Subclasses were launched before the New Season because it would encourage players to start or return to playing with previously outdated subclasses, specially paladins and shamans.
Arsi
Player

Elysium
Level 502
Mage
7 days 16 hours ago

I agree that balance update for subclasses could increase number of players however nerfing subclasses will have opposite effect. Some players already paid to change subclass.
Ron
Premium

Elysium
Level 315
Warrior
7 days 2 hours ago

Quoting Arsi:
I agree that balance update for subclasses could increase number of players however nerfing subclasses will have opposite effect. Some players already paid to change subclass.

Of course there's no need to nerf the subclasses that are well balanced so far (warlock, barbarian and pyromancer).

Staff's priority should only be to improve the weakest: shaman, marksman, rogue and paladin.

Quoting Disturbed Maverick:
Quoting Phill Mason:

And paladins.

- Bring back Desolation (4s cooldown) helping with spells rotation and putting an end to the paladin's lack of damage. Keep Cleave as it is. Changing Shield Slam to 20s cooldown and finally removing Holy Sword.

About the idea to restore desolation to the game having a new cd of 4 seconds.

Doing some rough calculations, considering always a full box (8 mobs) in a hunting and this spell hitting 33% less per sqm than cleave, the exp/h will be increased up to 25%.

If the damage be - 20% per sqm than cleave, the exp/h will be increased close to 33%.

Or if damage per sqm equals cleave's it will be a rise around 40% exp/h.

However, whichever option is chosen, if desolation is brought back, it could make paladin gameplay interesting again.

Quoting Phill Mason:

I would suggest on changing hailstorm to become a wave spell as shown above. Damage formula would be increased from what it is currently. The game has evolved from what it used to be so much that shamans have became rather underpowered due the lack of AOE spells thus making good ol' paladin & shaman duo extinct.

A wave (14 sqm) offers more control to the player than an aoe spell (25 sqm) that hits the surroundings the target.

So it's a fair trade-off for this subclass if an increase is also made to its damage formula.

Quoting Barbed Arrow:

A good feature to improve the gameplay of Rangers and Shamans could be to implement a target on the cursor to make it possible to choose the exact square on the screen to cast the spells -> Hellish Volley (rangers) and Hailstorm (shamans).

This would certainly optimize the experience/hour in hunts for these classes, without having to create new spells or change the damage or area of other existing AoE spells.

The system of casting a spell by using a cursor to choose the sqms offers the best control for a player to hit all mobs on an aoe spell.

In addition to increasing exp/h, this can differentiate rangers from other classes in terms of pve, without the need to increase the attack of ranged weapons. Therefore, without direct interference in pvp.

A good step was taken by reducing the cd of Hellish Volley to 2s, but it seems that this is still not enough for rangers to be competitive in pve.
Demiiurge
Player

Elysium
Level 30
Warrior
7 days 1 hour ago

Quoting Ron:
Quoting Arsi:

Of course there's no need to nerf the subclasses that are well balanced so far (warlock, barbarian and pyromancer).

Staff's priority should only be to improve the weakest: shaman, marksman, rogue and paladin.

Quoting Disturbed Maverick:
Quoting Phill Mason:

And paladins.

About the idea to restore desolation to the game having a new cd of 4 seconds.

Doing some rough calculations, considering always a full box (8 mobs) in a hunting and this spell hitting 33% less per sqm than cleave, the exp/h will be increased up to 25%.

If the damage be - 20% per sqm than cleave, the exp/h will be increased close to 33%.

Or if damage per sqm equals cleave's it will be a rise around 40% exp/h.

However, whichever option is chosen, if desolation is brought back, it could make paladin gameplay interesting again.

Quoting Phill Mason:

A wave (14 sqm) offers more control to the player than an aoe spell (25 sqm) that hits the surroundings the target.

So it's a fair trade-off for this subclass if an increase is also made to its damage formula.

Quoting Barbed Arrow:

The system of casting a spell by using a cursor to choose the sqms offers the best control for a player to hit all mobs on an aoe spell.

In addition to increasing exp/h, this can differentiate rangers from other classes in terms of pve, without the need to increase the attack of ranged weapons. Therefore, without direct interference in pvp.

A good step was taken by reducing the cd of Hellish Volley to 2s, but it seems that this is still not enough for rangers to be competitive in pve.

I agree with most of your point of view, except for the pyromancer being balanced; it's a difficult class to play well and has a similar exp/h to the warlock (considering that the warlock is relatively comfortable to play). At the very least, they should reverse the combo of nerfs they did in January 2023. Unfortunately, it's complicated to rely on the good action of the staff in balancing the classes. In the case of paladin and shaman, it would already be predictable to see that the classes would die out if they didn't try to improve the damage, and even after years, almost nothing has been done; at least the rangers had a good change over time
Shadowzin
Premium

Pharos
Level 905
Mage
6 days 14 hours ago (Last edited 6 days 14 hours ago)

Hello, I wanted to try something new this upcoming season... a different PvP system: HARDCORE (killing the enemy earns XP)
Of course, this season should be 1x.

The Ranger is performing very poorly
I could be testing the new balancing for Rangers, increasing their damage by 10% (remembering they were nerfed by 25% in the past).
They should have area arrows or a specific bow for area arrows.
« First
2 3 4 5