30th October 2017 17:00:33 GM Quillon View post »
30th October 2017 19:47:39 GM Quillon View post »
31st October 2017 20:28:24 GM Quillon View post »
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
31st October 2017 07:05:45 (Last edited 31st October 2017 07:07:44)

Let me be unpopular. Paladins were more prefered class because of the healing. COmments like:

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting GM Quillon:

Difference between paladin's & barbarian's dmg is rather small, for sure not so big like difference between healing before last change. And look, paladins with lvl 400 are still able to heal +1.2 k hp.
--- Quillon

Damage always matter, better healing only makes the difference on few situacions, e.g. in leveling hunts the better damage will overcome the better healing in importance (+dmg -> +exp), and this is the main active in the game.

Also, how much a lv 400 barbarian heals? 1k? So the point of being a paladin is that u can heal 200~250 more on lv 400?

Damage always matter? most dmg on paladin/barbarian comes from spells, not melee. When u aoe 5 monsters at the time, u hit a lot more than u hit with your melee. So extra 50dmg per melee hit is nothing superior. And once paladins used to heal 20~ more than barbarians, paladins could deso more often = better exp/h. Plus they had more abilities in boss hunts, where warrior damage matters even less.

In my opinion small nerf to paladins heal is somewhat logical, but normaly in zezenia we have huge "balances". Balance supposed to me little corrections of numbers. I remember warlock buff got nerfed from 40% to 20%. Can u imagine what kind of nerf it is?

So as I agree that paladin was a better class than barb in most cases (theres pvp aspect where barb is super needed for dispel and cage). I would suggest to put paladins heal somewhere between where it was and where it is right now. So if paladin used to heal 1200 and now they heal 1000. Make them heal 1100 and adjust formula to these ratios.

About bravery part, I could understand the change on length decrease. Maybe its not supposed to last forever, but why making it worse by 50%. Having in mind it was decreased by 50% before, it makes 25% effect of what it was at the start (which I agree was op).

So all in all, paladins got worse by more than what they were supposed to get. They got weakened in 2 aspects and they are depended by shaman too much. Maybe it would be okay with bigger community. Maybe changes need time (if we had a lot of shamans, then situation would be a lil different, but we dont. And we probably wont get within few weeks).

P.s. Every time one class is too good for a long, people start to make that class. So people made a lot of paladins and now that majority of people (who are paladins) are complaining and will complain. No one wants to lose their good char withing a second of the "government" chose.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
31st October 2017 07:16:21

And overall, bad decisions in the past makes the staff do bad decisions in the future. People get 20%+ magic resistance from items. Thats 2/3 of warlock buff. So every class can have 2/3 of warlock buff with eq. Not talking about the fact that it can stack with mages own buffs. So mage vs mage gets even worse. Mages get tanky against other mages and magical monsters, but we also get weaker in pvp on damage output wise.

If all classes get 20% magic resistance:
Mages gets more tanky
Warriors gets more tanky
Rangers gets more tanky.

Mages loses 20% of their damage
warriors loses hard to say what amount of damage, but surely less than 20%
same goes with rangers.

So as we see it affects pvp different
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
31st October 2017 07:45:45

Quoting Baltas:
Let me be unpopular. Paladins were more prefered class because of the healing. COmments like:

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting GM Quillon:

Difference between paladin's & barbarian's dmg is rather small, for sure not so big like difference between healing before last change. And look, paladins with lvl 400 are still able to heal +1.2 k hp.
--- Quillon

Damage always matter, better healing only makes the difference on few situacions, e.g. in leveling hunts the better damage will overcome the better healing in importance (+dmg -> +exp), and this is the main active in the game.

Also, how much a lv 400 barbarian heals? 1k? So the point of being a paladin is that u can heal 200~250 more on lv 400?

Damage always matter? most dmg on paladin/barbarian comes from spells, not melee. When u aoe 5 monsters at the time, u hit a lot more than u hit with your melee. So extra 50dmg per melee hit is nothing superior. And once paladins used to heal 20~ more than barbarians, paladins could deso more often = better exp/h. Plus they had more abilities in boss hunts, where warrior damage matters even less.

In my opinion small nerf to paladins heal is somewhat logical, but normaly in zezenia we have huge "balances". Balance supposed to me little corrections of numbers. I remember warlock buff got nerfed from 40% to 20%. Can u imagine what kind of nerf it is?

So as I agree that paladin was a better class than barb in most cases (theres pvp aspect where barb is super needed for dispel and cage). I would suggest to put paladins heal somewhere between where it was and where it is right now. So if paladin used to heal 1200 and now they heal 1000. Make them heal 1100 and adjust formula to these ratios.

About bravery part, I could understand the change on length decrease. Maybe its not supposed to last forever, but why making it worse by 50%. Having in mind it was decreased by 50% before, it makes 25% effect of what it was at the start (which I agree was op).

So all in all, paladins got worse by more than what they were supposed to get. They got weakened in 2 aspects and they are depended by shaman too much. Maybe it would be okay with bigger community. Maybe changes need time (if we had a lot of shamans, then situation would be a lil different, but we dont. And we probably wont get within few weeks).

P.s. Every time one class is too good for a long, people start to make that class. So people made a lot of paladins and now that majority of people (who are paladins) are complaining and will complain. No one wants to lose their good char withing a second of the "government" chose.

I could accept a smaller nerf, but considering how tanky mages are i would prefer to have buffed barbarian heal slightly.
Barbarians are really shit tanks and they are a warrior, that's odd.
I don't see what the problem is the heal was not that strong you need to heal around 700 with good skills to block a lone eye without shaman. That was around 200 lvl for pala.
Who exactly are u gonna compare lone eyes with? Labaidjasihdiajdienainda on ely who botted to lvl 9000?
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
31st October 2017 07:48:25

Also bravery should be nerfed, it's a stupid spell to have between just 2 classes.. just as retarded as ROP is.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
31st October 2017 07:51:53

Yarrik:

I could accept a smaller nerf, but considering how tanky mages are i would prefer to have buffed barbarian heal slightly.

yesterday i got one shot by 2 sand terrors at lvl 295, surely i was buffed, I only have 7% magic resistance on my eq - Tell me how tanky is that. Once again, i died in a second.

Barbarians are really shit tanks and they are a warrior, that's odd.
I won't say they are great tanks, but they got boosted a little bit right now. As heal friend improved, with a shaman they are more tanky than they were before.

I don't see what the problem is the heal was not that strong you need to heal around 700 with good skills to block a lone eye without shaman. That was around 200 lvl for pala.
I saw a lot lower lvl paladin than 200 who blocks lone eyes
Zaza
Elder Sage

Elysium
Level 275
Mage
31st October 2017 10:50:02 (Last edited 31st October 2017 10:53:58)

@Baltas - My forum hero. Only reasonable person here besides all the salty tear people. The same people that cry for changes get something and all they can do is whine about it with no constructive argument... good laughs.

I hope they consult Baltas on some of the changes and math as he clearly understands the details and greater picture of vocation balance.

High level Paladin's needed a nerf, there is really no arguing that point. They were too strong. Maybe the healing formula can be edited a bit more or Fortification can actually become a useful buff with + life steal or so.

Pyromancer is also a big problem at high levels. They need to be changed I think that is pretty clear as they can take like .. x2? the exp of other classes.
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
31st October 2017 11:01:36 (Last edited 31st October 2017 11:04:03)

Quoting Baltas:

I was not talking about melee hit only, barbarian area spell hit harder too ;), with 5 monsters you hit a lot more than a paladin. With the mana cost beign much smaller, you can easely afford to use a health potion here and there. Also when leveling almost all healing come from life steal where when you hit harder you heals more = better exp/h. So in lvling hunts barbarian already heals more (just a little, I dont care)

Quoting Baltas:

So as I agree that paladin was a better class than barb in most cases

I agree, before lv 250 paladin is better in most cases, after 250 barbarian is better in most cases. But in most cases player lv is lower than 250

Quoting Baltas:

+1. Decrease lenght is fine(although ~40% is too much), but do not decrease its power. Keep in mind that if two lv ~400 can keep bravery 100% up and it is too strong, lv 400 isn't your player base, nerf how it scale with level, so mid-levels can see bravery as a useful spell. How how long two lv 100 bravery last?

We could start a poll here, how many paladins would change to barbarian if that was possible? So we could see how the community feels if those class are really "balanced"
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
31st October 2017 11:18:01

Quoting Zaza:

High level Paladin's needed a nerf, there is really no arguing that point. They were too strong. Maybe the healing formula can be edited a bit more or Fortification can actually become a useful buff with + life steal or so.

+1. Exactly, but to nerf a high level paladin you need to change the scaling formula, so not-high level paladin will only see a small nerf
Fortification could be +life steal or/and +magic def or/and + physical def or/and + healing received. Yesterday I used fortification after a long long time, it wasn't even on my skill bar, I used it to test how much the bugged shaman heal friend was healing. I already took off from my skill bar
Wallex
Player

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
31st October 2017 11:27:21

New dark knight right stairs, there is no ceiling in the end of the corridor

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Xorro
Sage

Elysium
Level 10
Warrior
31st October 2017 12:31:50

Quoting Belgra:
New dark knight right stairs, there is no ceiling in the end of the corridor

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Thanks for reporting mapbugs,everything will be fixed until at the next server save.
« First
5 6 7 8 9
Last »