1 2 3 4
Show staff replies in this thread
8th April 2015 15:13:01 K-Zodron View post »
8th April 2015 17:00:21 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

8th April 2015 15:13:01

The death penalty can be extremely harsh for sure. Some time ago, I was planning to create a system of reversing your death losses after a death. Basically, you could reverse your last death within 30 days for a bribe of 450 gold per level (level at time of death), plus maybe some premium cards when the level is above 100. So for example a level 10 player would pay 4500 to get his experience and skills back, and a level 100 player would pay 45000 gold. Of course these are just example figures, but what do you think?
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Mage
8th April 2015 16:13:23

Quoting K-Zodron:
The death penalty can be extremely harsh for sure. Some time ago, I was planning to create a system of reversing your death losses after a death. Basically, you could reverse your last death within 30 days for a bribe of 450 gold per level (level at time of death), plus maybe some premium cards when the level is above 100. So for example a level 10 player would pay 4500 to get his experience and skills back, and a level 100 player would pay 45000 gold. Of course these are just example figures, but what do you think?

I like the thought of this system but only for monsters.
Another thing I would like to point out is the way Zezenia is heading towards a P2W model, it seems like every time a new feature comes out there is premium cards attached to that feature, it started with the task system (Which wasn't too bad but still P2W esk) but after that close to every system has had a premium card price attached to it (Talents, Dungeons, Bless).

Now I know the company needs money to function but rather than making the game need vast amounts of premium cards, maybe cut back on costs or charge a little extra per card.
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
8th April 2015 16:21:57

Quoting K-Zodron:

Again, thats not a solution, thats just making the game easier. This way rich people would never lose anything. High skills, high levels wouldnt care if they die. I would have to pay 90k if I die and want to recover. Oh well, with my balance I can die 150 times and still be the same level.
Raising the price is not the option. Just over time price feels less and less. What I mean that level 20 might care about 9k gold to save what they lose 10k exp?

In my case I lose 6.5kk so 90k gold is nothing compared. 1gold for 1exp on low lvl case, 1gold for 72exp in my case.

@El Viperz, p cards driving staff to move. There could be another model or working, but when holding a business a managed doesnt always wanna invest as it doesnt guarantee bigger cash flow.
K-Zodron
Staff

8th April 2015 17:00:21

I forgot to point that of course the system would be available for monster deaths only.

Baltas, very few people have the same bank balance as you (10 or so people who have even 50% of what you have). Of course the price of a death reversal could be higher too.
Warrior Da Pesada
Player

Elysium
Level 186
Warrior
8th April 2015 17:16:10

Quoting K-Zodron:

it's quite interesting, in my opinion, if the bribe is around 450 gold per level, fair enough. And the main reason i made this proposal is to make player's and staff's lives easier, because i know you can't control all the e-mails people send to you when they die by server issues (whether it's true or not) and players waste a lot of gold and premium cards that should be used to play for 10 days with deaths caused by internet/server/debugs or any other issues. Also, they can't have their skill back (and it takes a long time to get it back as the skill goes higher).
About the system, as you just said, it would work only for monster deaths. I forgot about that part because i'm a non-pvp player as you can see.
I really appreciate you reading and giving your point about this KZ, if you have any doubt or any other point you'd like to discuss i would be happy to know more about your opinion.
Maximus Decimus
Player

Pharos
Level 22
Ranger
8th April 2015 17:33:05

And next thing will be exp for p cards ??? lol
Cwzcxc
Player

Pharos
Level 102
Mage
8th April 2015 17:37:50

Quoting K-Zodron:
I forgot to point that of course the system would be available for monster deaths only.

Baltas, very few people have the same bank balance as you (10 or so people who have even 50% of what you have). Of course the price of a death reversal could be higher too.

Then it should be like 3x the price and monster deaths only. But if do find problems already in it.

- If there's a fight in a spawn and the monster get's last hit on your enemy?
- Chasing enemies into spawn and they log out but you saw/predict where they logged out and lure monsters on the spot, they login within an hour and die by that knowing they can just pay it off. (this still does happen alot, mostly to my team :D)

Is there gonna be some smart way to prevent at least the first one?
Warrior Da Pesada
Player

Elysium
Level 186
Warrior
8th April 2015 17:39:07

Quoting Alinor Doomsday:
And next thing will be exp for p cards ??? lol

Probably not, mate. We are not discussing about buying exp with premium cards. That's just absurd and won't happen. Try to read the proposal and the comments again to understand it better.
The main proposal is to reduce the death penalty and we are trying to get into the best way to do it.
And again, it won't work on deaths by players. I see many pvp players worried about it and i said like 3 or 4 times in my answers that i do not want that to be used on deaths by players.
Ritari
Elder Sage

Pharos
Level 445
Warrior
8th April 2015 18:27:50

Partly agreed! I was about to write a proposal concerning the current situation of blessings.
Since the price of p cards has slowly grown and is at ~0.2€, which makes it 2€/death people tend to rather play without blessings.

I was thinking about adding a reduction to the exp and skill losses for normal blessings, so that they'd actually be worth the 2€. Then adding another way to prevent item loss, an amulet of blessing. The amulet would prevent you from losing items but not exp, it'd cost 5p cards and 30k. The disadvantage of the amulet would be the lower defense(cuz no def amulet) and the fact that it only saves your items but does not prevent exp and skill loss.

Thoughts?
-Ritari
Warrior Da Pesada
Player

Elysium
Level 186
Warrior
8th April 2015 18:31:27

Quoting Ritari:
Partly agreed! I was about to write a proposal concerning the current situation of blessings.
Since the price of p cards has slowly grown and is at ~0.2€, which makes it 2€/death people tend to rather play without blessings.

I was thinking about adding a reduction to the exp and skill losses for normal blessings, so that they'd actually be worth the 2€. Then adding another way to prevent item loss, an amulet of blessing. The amulet would prevent you from losing items but not exp, it'd cost 5p cards and 30k. The disadvantage of the amulet would be the lower defense(cuz no def amulet) and the fact that it only saves your items but does not prevent exp and skill loss.

Thoughts?
-Ritari

It's a simple issue to solve. Just add an extra slot for amulet. So you can use 2 amulets, 1 for armor and 1 for item loss.
If you think about it, it's physically correct, since you can wear 2 necklaces at the same time in real life.
Also, it wouldn't be allowed to use 2 item amulets or 2 armored amulets.
Thanks for the idea Ritari.
1 2 3 4