Last »
Show staff replies in this thread
24th November 2014 07:08:46 K-Zodron View post »
24th November 2014 11:05:42 GM Siegfried View post »
3rd December 2014 08:32:53 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

24th November 2014 01:27:13

New to Zezenia? Register and start playing now for free!

[Previous devlogs: Opening of the Devlog | ... | More 5.0.0 update details | Unveiling new features]

----------------------------------------

Due to some unforeseen events it has been a little silent on the Zezenia development front in the past few months. However, things are again looking up and concrete progress has been made with the next major update for some time now. We're still confident that the update can be released before Christmas, likely coupled with some nice holiday events.

In the last devlog we unveiled the plans to implement crafting, brewing and gathering. In addition to that, in an effort to spice up the general gameplay, we are replacing the current Objectives system with an Achievements system. You could call them "little quests", where you achieve little titles when you reach a milestone or for example explore a number of areas in the game. The achievement titles will be displayed on your character page on the website. A full list of available achievements will be released in connection with the test server.

Speaking of a test server, it's planned that we will try some new configurations for PVP on the test server. For example PVP might be limited to only players who have level 20 or above, and PVP damage will be reduced to 25%-50% less than PVE damage. Note that these changes are not final and will only make the update if the feedback gathered from the test is mainly positive.

The exact date for the test server is not yet known. Of course will keep you updated when a date is set!

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
The current "Objectives" will be replaced by Achievements (list may change).
Pombo
Player

Elysium
Level 153
Warrior
24th November 2014 01:30:09 (Last edited 24th November 2014 01:54:51)

Wow, really nice! :)

I have one question:

Will it have a hide option?
Zelazny Majszcz
Player

Pharos
Level 179
Warrior
24th November 2014 02:03:20

Achievements:
Great thing. + u can also think about special outfits require some achievements and creature products.
Limited pvp:
Its nice but must fix issue of spots taken by players <20. Notice in 1 sqm passages lvl 18 with barrel will be safe for ages and can block way forever. On the other hand some kind of ghosting is no solution too becouse it will provide mess in game.
Lowering dmg:
I personnaly don;t like it. Notice that most of people play this game only for pvp. Witho such lowering dmg probobly 52 warlock won;t be able to kill 35 warlock. Also notice that we have many classes. I wonder if anyone will choose to play warrior in fights if his dmg will be lowered. Also sometimes i was running with 4 people on my back and was menage to surivie, so dmglowering isn;t neccecery on my eyes. Banning botters will solve the problem at all.
Ardox
Player

Platon
Level 148
Mage
24th November 2014 04:37:01

Quoting K-Zodron:
Speaking of a test server, it's planned that we will try some new configurations for PVP on the test server. For example PVP might be limited to only players who have level 20 or above, and PVP damage will be reduced to 25%-50% less than PVE damage. Note that these changes are not final and will only make the update if the feedback gathered from the test is mainly positive.

Time to stop playing?
Agron
Player

Pharos
Level 593
Warrior
24th November 2014 05:28:57

Goodjob! Looking forward to it.

~Agger
K-Zodron
Staff

24th November 2014 07:08:46

Quoting Obmop:
Will it have a hide option?

If you mean the website achievement thing, then no.

Quoting Zelazny Majszcz:
Limited pvp:
Its nice but must fix issue of spots taken by players <20. Notice in 1 sqm passages lvl 18 with barrel will be safe for ages and can block way forever. On the other hand some kind of ghosting is no solution too becouse it will provide mess in game.

The low level players will be non-blocking, I don't think it will cause any notable mess problem.

Quoting Zelazny Majszcz:
Lowering dmg:
I personnaly don;t like it. Notice that most of people play this game only for pvp. Witho such lowering dmg probobly 52 warlock won;t be able to kill 35 warlock. Also notice that we have many classes. I wonder if anyone will choose to play warrior in fights if his dmg will be lowered. Also sometimes i was running with 4 people on my back and was menage to surivie, so dmglowering isn;t neccecery on my eyes. Banning botters will solve the problem at all.

I don't think people stopping to play warrior is a legitimate concern at all. Very rare for anyone to survive a 4 person attack in this game (assuming the attackers are not a notably lower level). What I'd like to achieve is longer and more tactical battles instead of the current quick ambushes. But whether lowering damage is the correct way to fix that remains to be seen.
Zelazny Majszcz
Player

Pharos
Level 179
Warrior
24th November 2014 08:38:46 (Last edited 24th November 2014 08:39:35)

By mess with non-blocking i eman it can be confiusing if u can pass some people and same not. But it could be not so bid deal at all.

About lowering dmg.
of course i will give it a credit and test it, but my point is:
Very rare for anyone to survive a 4 person - ye ites true if:
1)enemys are 4 mages
2)enemys are 4 ranger and u are mage or ranger

Bealive me any paladin with good eq will hold 4 rangers with longbows and decent skills without even using flasks. I personnaly with skill 94 and assasinator hit in some knights 150 max hits. Whars more if we add spell bravery which is -250dmg to any mage and shaman healing paladins will became immortal. Meaby should lower MAGES dmg. I like this game becouse with 3 people u can try to kill anyone(mages). If u will need 6 players game won;t get more tactical. Side with more mass will win. But its just my feedback lets see how it will work out.
Kei Barb
Player

Elysium
Level 100
Warrior
24th November 2014 09:10:34

It sounds interesting but if I understand it correct when you get the achieve in the game in the little box, then it also shows up on your character page for all to see?
A hide option should be put in on character account page to give the player the option to show or not show it on character page. If anyone can look and see there is a million gold in your character you might become a target, especially on a pvp world.
Ryan The Alcomist
Player

Pharos
Level 171
Warrior
24th November 2014 09:13:51

I have been saying lower the damage for a long time, it doesn't take big teams and strategy to pvp, lowering the damage with encourage bigger teams (More players) and longer more intense pvp rather than show up and die 5 minutes in to 2 mages headshot combo on a 160 warrior.

Ryan~
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
24th November 2014 09:16:41

If pvp damage would be lowered by 50%. Then 80lvl pyromancer would have no problem surviving against my 200warlock. What does it mean is that there would be pretty much no succesful sneaks as you would need 3 times bigger team to kill the target and obviously everyone uses allies/foes to be aware how many people enemy team has. If its less than 5ppl 150lvl~ I wouldnt really worry about dieng.

Second point is as already mentioned- bravery. Spell would become from over powered to none sense. Imagine I hit 200with wand now. If pvp dmg would be -50% and some high lvls would cast bravery, i would hit 200*0.5 -70=30.
Rangers now cant hit anything on warriors. Just with spells. My lvl 65 ranger with 104dist and long bow hits average 5-10dmg on henley. On the other hand I hit 300+ on rangers/mages. Quick shot is now 60-70dmg. If he had bravery I couldnt hit him even now. But -50% would take away any chance to harm warriors.

Mages vs Mages fights would be endless. We already have magic resist with lvls. Adding our buffs and -50% on dmg, i could make like 500dmg full combo on dancore if hes buffed. If he would get strong bravery, It would be 200??

To sum up, if you cant drop an idea to lower pvp damage, make -10% as max. Everything higher would make too big difference to get used to.

P.s. instead of that try to think how to fix rangers dmg output. As now its like ranger would 200dist would hit nothing on well dressed warrior with full fortification with 200defending. On the other hand with insane training system I make as high exp/h as 140lvl mage on my 65lvl ranger. (Made 420k exp/h on 60lvl ranger with 103dist with no buff just quick shot)
1 2 3
Last »