Wallex
Premium

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
31st October 2017 18:06:09 (Last edited 31st October 2017 23:19:32)

Quoting GM Quillon:

Simply, look at Highscores, how many paladins are there? Half of them are paladins? Am I wrong?
--- Quillon

C'mon, you're a staff member, you can do better. Yes, you are wrong.

I have some numbers for you, take a seat. I haven't double checked it, tell me if anything is wrong.

All my numbers are from the top 25 level highscores, those are the levels you talk about on balacing posts (like 400 paladin heals for 1.2k+, although we have ONE paladin 400+ and this level should in any way be used as comparison or balance). The numbers are rounded and may not sum to 100%, so summing to 99% or 98% are fine because of roundings.

On overall we have
Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Clearly warrior is the most played class, keep that in mind, it's not because warrior is the strongest class, it's because warrior is the easiest class. Here we see the first problem, ranger is by far the least played class at higher levels

Let's have a look at subclesses

Paladins have 37% of the share, not even close to 50%. The question this statistics arises to me and I think it should do to staff too is why there is TWO shamans and only 9 rangers. But lets have a closer look.

On Elysium is where the PvE game is meant to be. When you said that the game is not challenging enough, maybe it's because we have too many speed rate servers.

Aaaaand barbarian and paladin have the exactly same share! Here paladins are closer to 50%, but also are barbarians. To me it is a clearly evidence that paladin and barbarian are evenly balanced for PvE. The "problem" here is that warrior have 80% of the share. And again I don't think that it is because warrior are stronger, it's because warrior are easier to play, more relaxing, more profitable. Warrior can do eveything at your own with low risky. It is almost brainless to play warrior, so you can hunt for hours without exhausting yourself.

In the next table I will sum up the speed rate servers as they are quite close.

Here mages and warrior have the same share, 42% each, so where the exp rate makes the game easier to everyone, people are as likely to play a mage as a warrior, but the gap between paladins and barbarian are huge. I see this gap situation as patological to pvp/speed rate server. I dont play pvp nor speed rate so I can't contribute more on this. Also, there is only 1 shaman.

Show me that I'm wrong, you have more information and more time to work on it.

You don't make other classes attractive nerfing the one people likes to play.

TLDR: Paladins are the most played class not because they are stronger, because they are easier to play, also paladins and barbarian have the same share on non-pvp server.

My reasons I like to play a warrior is because in non pvp server you can do some brainless actives, you can easily find myself afk near galiantors for hours, mammoths can't hit me. As a student that spent most of the time in home working on my thesis it is confortable to me, now and then I kill some gali or something I only need to right click and back to work. The reasons I choose paladin is because it takes a little less effort to make tasks and bosses and it is unlikely to die. I play paladin not because I think it is stronger, but because I can do everything a 220 barbarian can do while watching netflix. While writing this wall of text I'm hunting valkyries.

I think fortification buff could be reworked so that the paladins have increased healing received from all sources while reducing more skills. Right now it is -7 melee, -15% mana, +14 defending and +20% health, the health bonus is essentialy worthless, it is the same problem discussed on shaman topic, there is no point in having more health if you cant heal more and defending buff dont have much utility on higher levels.
Maybe if this could be changed to something like -15 melee, -15% mana, +10 defending +10% health and +15% healing received. This way we could truly change our damage for more survivability.

P.S. Can we have an oficial announcement post on premium card price increase? So we could chill there.
Baltas
Premium

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
31st October 2017 19:02:23

Welcome BELGRA, nice to see investigation.

Reason why elysium full of wariors - not only its chilling, but chars are botted. Most of warriors are lvled with cavebots. And in none pvp its easier to cavebot, cuz you only have to avoid gms, other players doesnt matter for you.

One more chart could prove me right or wrong. How many of each world top25 ppl are banned. Which class are banned the most. Only heard of few mages/rangers who actually cavebotted.
Barb or paladin while cavebotting - doesnt matter at all. So this could explain why ely have same amount of paladins as barbs.

Pharos full of warlocks? Fully pvp class - easiest to play in pvp fights. Not the most tanky, not the strongest damage wise, just easiest to play. Right now surely the worst in pvm/team hunts/ similar to shamans in solo hunts.
Wallex
Premium

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
31st October 2017 22:14:19 (Last edited 1st November 2017 03:45:19)

Quoting GM Quillon:
So, now my calculations
In last update paladins lost 0.3 hp in healing / per lvl, so just 90 at lvl 300. They are astill able to heal 0.45 (not 0.75 like before) hp per lvl more than barbarians. Barbarians still got slightly better aoe spell (higher damage) than paladins.

I don't have the exact numbers, but based on my healing and few informations, I have tried to figure out the formulas. If you could tell us the exact formulas maybe the community could figure a better solution.

Recuperation - 60+level*2.35
Old Heaven's Aid - 60+level*3.1
New Heaven's Aid - 60+level*2.8

Maybe 60 is 4*mlv instead.
The problems with this formulas is that heavens aid is linearly better than recuperation, and it will get out of control again as players level increases. You need a formula with diminishing returns. Have you tried exponential formulas? I tried one, lets call it Belgra's Aid.

Belgra's Aid - 60 + level*2.35 + 20*(0.95^(level/20))/ln(0.95) - 1/ln(0.95))

It is not out of my mind, if you have some calculus knowledge it is from the integral of a^x

I have some numbers to help us. The numbers below each healing spell is the predicted amount of healing. At 220 this numbers are quite close.

You can see that with exponential formula the Belgra's Aid is stronger than old Heaven's Aid at lower level and weaker at higher level. As I think it should be, so Belgra's Aid don't crazily growths.

Of course the number can be tweaked to better reflect the staff intentions.
Wallex
Premium

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
31st October 2017 22:38:19 (Last edited 31st October 2017 23:22:50)

Quoting Baltas:
Welcome BELGRA, nice to see investigation.

Thanks, I'm glad that you spent your time reading my words :)
Quoting Baltas:

Reason why elysium full of wariors - not only its chilling, but chars are botted. Most of warriors are lvled with cavebots. And in none pvp its easier to cavebot, cuz you only have to avoid gms, other players doesnt matter for you.

One more chart could prove me right or wrong. How many of each world top25 ppl are banned. Which class are banned the most. Only heard of few mages/rangers who actually cavebotted.
Barb or paladin while cavebotting - doesnt matter at all. So this could explain why ely have same amount of paladins as barbs.

This could be a reason of why warriors are much more popular, but it is away of the scope I would like to have here. Bot problems aren't solved with classes (un)balance.
Even if botted, there is no reason to choose the weakest subclass, so I still see that they was quite balanced.

Quoting Baltas:

Pharos full of warlocks? Fully pvp class - easiest to play in pvp fights. Not the most tanky, not the strongest damage wise, just easiest to play. Right now surely the worst in pvm/team hunts/ similar to shamans in solo hunts.

Thanks for clarifying, also, is paladin easier than barbarians in pvp?
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
31st October 2017 22:54:45

Why do they hire morons like Quillion when we have people like Belgra?
Paladino Danado
Player

Elysium
Level 263
Warrior
1st November 2017 00:29:12

Paladin's have been severely injured in this update
Beginning with the Premmyum Healing, Why Decrease This Cure So What's The Logic Of It?
Without Counting On Bravery, I Do not Understand Will They Want To Expel The Paladin's Game Is It?
Anuel Ft
Premium

Pharos
Level 613
Mage
1st November 2017 03:01:44

Quoting Belgra:
Quoting GM Quillon:
So, now my calculations
In last update paladins lost 0.3 hp in healing / per lvl, so just 90 at lvl 300. They are astill able to heal 0.45 (not 0.75 like before) hp per lvl more than barbarians. Barbarians still got slightly better aoe spell (higher damage) than paladins.

I don't have the exact numbers, but based on my healing and few informations, I have tried to figure out the formulas. If you could tell us the exact formulas maybe the community could figure a better solution.

Recuperation - 60+level*2.35
Old Heaven's Aid - 60+level*3.1
New Heaven's Aid - 60+level*2.8

The problems with this formulas is that heavens aid is linearly better than recuperation, and it will get out of control again as players level increases. You need a formula with diminishing returns. Have you tried exponential formulas? I tried one, lets call it Belgra's Aid.

Belgra's Aid - 60 + level*2.35 + 20*(0.95^(level/20))/ln(0.95) - 1/ln(0.95))

It is not out of my mind, if you have some calculus knowledge it is from the integral of a^x

I have some numbers to help us. The numbers below each healing spell is the predicted amount of healing. At 220 this numbers are quite close.

You can see that with exponential formula the Belgra's Aid is stronger than old Heaven's Aid at lower level and weaker at higher level. As I think it should be, so Belgra's Aid don't crazily growths.

Of course the number can be tweaked to better reflect the staff intentions.

You my friend... are a genius.
I have not thought about that at all.

This sure has my vote.
Baltas
Premium

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
1st November 2017 14:58:31

Hey Belgra, i was gonna post on your formulas, but i cant do all the maths on mobiel cuz i gotta swich tabs for every log counts. So i say short what i wanted, i might make longer instructive one when i get on computer.
So i understand logs, you understand logs maybe couple more ppl understand it. But majority doesnt know what numbers u take into formula. F.e. ln(0.95) is a constant equal to -0.05~ so if u wrote -0.05 instead of ln(0.95) other people could actually put numbers in and see what u r talking about.

Main thing which makes your formula work is ^ cuz that makes it progressive/ regressive depending if a anumber before ^ is over 1 or under 1. So as a guy who understand maths i would like to suggest you to make proposal in as simply as possible way.

I didnt see you before, i made a lot of mathematicals proposals within years and i know how none mathematicians hate formulas. I am glad to see someone who understand same language as me, but we are not in private conversation, so we gonna speak community language.
P.s. i agree that its unprofessional from staff to say "plz few words no maths in proposals"
Wallex
Premium

Elysium
Level 395
Warrior
1st November 2017 16:29:39

Thanks again for your reply.
I'd like to keep the log because all 0.95 are linked to each other and tells me where the formula came from. Boths 20 defines the 'length' and 'height' of the curve (the stretching in both directions), easier to tweak (every aspect of the curve are separeted).
I can see that u know maths too, your statement on the number being over or under 1 is just perfect.
Of course I could use a variety of curves if they have a horizontal asymptotes (like 1/x, tanh x). The main idea is that the formula must have a diminishing returns built-in

I can rewrite the previous formula as

It is quite easy to go from the previous formula to this one, but it is impossible to go the opposite way. If you come to with this formula I can figurea out what it is doing, but have no fucking idea where you took it.
I find the previous easier to work on, the numbers that u need to tweak to shape your curve are hidden/mixed.
For the community I've always included table with some examples and explanation. Table with some values to compare are as simply as I can think of.