Troyano
Player

Pharos
Level 260
Warrior
8th November 2015 16:50:21

Quoting Warrior Da Pesada:
Quoting K-Zodron:
Potion strength by skill is unfortunately not going to happen for technical reasons. Brewing speed and recipe learnability are the only things it will affect. Nothing says that we won't have potions that require an even higher brewing skill in the future.

Anyway, perhaps the best solution would be to make all potions the same strength (maximum strength), and the potion size would only alter the length of the potion's efficiency. What do you guys think about that?

Light potion, +5sqm light, 5-25 minute duration
Gathering speed potion, +15% speed, 5-25 minute duration
Defense potion, +15 defending, 5-25 minute duration
Life steal potion, 15% life steal, 5-25 minute duration
Expertise potion, +15% crit chance, 5-25 minute duration
Magic defense potion, +10% magic defense, 5-25 minute duration
Haste potion, +100 levels speed, 2-10 minute duration
Luck potion, +50% luck, 5-25 minute duration

Edit: I will also consider changing some of the ingredients to cheaper ones, but would prefer to not do that yet.

That's a rational and simple thing to do. Because, come on.... I've never seen anyone using amp/vial/shot/jar of brewable mixtures.

About changing the ingredients to cheaper potions, I'm not so sure if it's a good idea. Maybe only reducing the number of collects and leafs/beets used to brew them would be fine, because people would need to spend less time to get skill 20 which takes some time to get collecting the amount needed of crab claws (what also in my opinion brings more and more botters to the game).

The creation of potions to fill the gaps between skill 20-30, 30-40 and 40-50 would also be greatly appreciated since right now the only way to get the skill is to brew Magic defense potions, which again, brings botters to the game, because no one can stand to hunt dwarf magicians for that long, and no one is going to buy their beards because they're really expensive (this case, i know, isn't controllable by you, but i just can't help pointing it out). Furthermore, Haste potions are so expensive they're not even worth brewing (for this one, i think you could consider discarding the Bottle of rage elixir and using something easier to obtain).

haste potion not worth?.. is the best potion in game for PVP... you get a lot of power in a open battle.. that's why its expensive..
Shotokan
Player

Elysium
Level 181
Warrior
8th November 2015 17:20:14

By my opinion the changes you want to do are fine,but can you please add another gathering ingridient probably substituting some collectables and PLEASE add another clover spawn.Having to go to the existing one i have to wait for other players to leave it and i do it too fast and have to wait much for respawn.Thanks!
Warrior Da Pesada
Player

Elysium
Level 186
Warrior
8th November 2015 23:21:19

Quoting De Paseo Tmb:
Quoting Warrior Da Pesada:
Quoting K-Zodron:
Potion strength by skill is unfortunately not going to happen for technical reasons. Brewing speed and recipe learnability are the only things it will affect. Nothing says that we won't have potions that require an even higher brewing skill in the future.

Anyway, perhaps the best solution would be to make all potions the same strength (maximum strength), and the potion size would only alter the length of the potion's efficiency. What do you guys think about that?

Light potion, +5sqm light, 5-25 minute duration
Gathering speed potion, +15% speed, 5-25 minute duration
Defense potion, +15 defending, 5-25 minute duration
Life steal potion, 15% life steal, 5-25 minute duration
Expertise potion, +15% crit chance, 5-25 minute duration
Magic defense potion, +10% magic defense, 5-25 minute duration
Haste potion, +100 levels speed, 2-10 minute duration
Luck potion, +50% luck, 5-25 minute duration

Edit: I will also consider changing some of the ingredients to cheaper ones, but would prefer to not do that yet.

That's a rational and simple thing to do. Because, come on.... I've never seen anyone using amp/vial/shot/jar of brewable mixtures.

About changing the ingredients to cheaper potions, I'm not so sure if it's a good idea. Maybe only reducing the number of collects and leafs/beets used to brew them would be fine, because people would need to spend less time to get skill 20 which takes some time to get collecting the amount needed of crab claws (what also in my opinion brings more and more botters to the game).

The creation of potions to fill the gaps between skill 20-30, 30-40 and 40-50 would also be greatly appreciated since right now the only way to get the skill is to brew Magic defense potions, which again, brings botters to the game, because no one can stand to hunt dwarf magicians for that long, and no one is going to buy their beards because they're really expensive (this case, i know, isn't controllable by you, but i just can't help pointing it out). Furthermore, Haste potions are so expensive they're not even worth brewing (for this one, i think you could consider discarding the Bottle of rage elixir and using something easier to obtain).

haste potion not worth?.. is the best potion in game for PVP... you get a lot of power in a open battle.. that's why its expensive..

I forgot about PvP, sorry for that. But for Non-PvP, it's expensive and nearly useless to brew.
1 2 3