5th November 2015 13:00:26 K-Zodron View post »
7th November 2015 13:53:34 K-Zodron View post »
Boxarn
Player

Elysium
Level 257
Warrior
5th November 2015 14:27:53

I dont agree on 100 minutes for a flask of magic resistance, thats way to long.
Troyano
Player

Pharos
Level 260
Warrior
5th November 2015 14:29:40 (Last edited 5th November 2015 14:36:28)

Quoting De Paseo Tmb:
Well! lets start with it! i used rly lots of those pots.. and there are two BIGS problems..
First to all - Creatures products.. They are hard or expensive to get.. so one solution can be remove them from Tasks collect's! and use them only for brewing! or add NPC for change items in those products..
FOR EXAMPLE : Magic resist Recipe can be trade for 2-3 Dwarfs magicians beards! ( remove them from buy offer in npc ofcourse ) and implement life steal from vampire's etc... it will be easy collect them by this way !

The second problem is -TIME of potions!- diference betwen empoules and flask is useless... ITs just a little strong! but that force you spend more products.. cuz empoules will be waste! one and the best way! is make them with SAME power.. empoules vials flasks etc.. but diferents times!!
about time problems.. potions are Not greats.. but not bad for hunt! but they are how i say.. mmm.. lots waste for notmuch diference...so times of potions should be change! ( not haste potion ofcourse ).. i will give you an example with two potions!
Magic resist potion cost 5 dwarfs magician beards.. for 20 minuts if i not wrong.. there is no point buy 15 beards + suggards etc for 75k for recover 5k max less waste, etc...or hunt 1 hour dwarfs magicians to get 3 potions MAX ( 1 hour hunt )
another example .lucky pot.. I cant get more than 5 products with one flask .. with 6 ppl hunting.. 7 flasks used to get Crystal wand...maybe if his those potions time are like x5 time than empoule but not more strong ppl will use them everytime... there are around 10ppl asking me everyday for buy potions... but my best prices cant be less than 75k-60k ea potion...that's why ppl are not using them! those potions are not going to change nothing.. ppl just want do every hunt with those potions! feel more stronger! ! I not going to say how potions should work...cuz i think they are balanced in effects (only lucky pot need rework) but about time.. i sure 100% is the solution!
little example. change magic resist from 20 minuts flasks for 20 minuts empoule with same defense as flask! and flask should be x5 time than empoule so.. flask will be 100 minuts! 5 dwarfs beards for 100 minuts? everybody will use them !! same with all pots! ( not haste )

Send 11/08/2015 ...

I hope someone from ely or platon post about demonic berry's quest.. Cuz aparently you are not going to hear someone from everath...

@everybody- Each lucky pot cost 5 Azure dragon heart - 5 Dragon Heart and 5 Crystal dragon hear plus a lots of Suggar and clovers.. i used more than 7 Potions to get ONE semi rare.. ( crystal wand ) 10 for next one ( dragon maul from dragon ) if you guys thinks 50% more loot will repair them its wrong because this loot system is still unbalance
There is no way to get more than 50-75k ( cost of potions ) with one potion.. only if loots rate increase x10 but its just stupid

Ups sry for double post.
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472
Ranger
5th November 2015 14:49:57 (Last edited 18th September 2019 10:54:09)

Deleted
Stormy
Elder Sage

Elysium
Level 312
Mage
5th November 2015 15:22:01

I agree with deadpool here on the brewing level. I have said this since brewing came to be. Amp/vial/shot/ext... Should be duration while your brewing level should determine the % you gain from the brewing potion. If not once you reach brewing 50 there's no point to increase.
Leech
Player

Elysium
Level 99
Mage
5th November 2015 21:23:22 (Last edited 5th November 2015 21:36:25)

Ok K-Z, Nice Proposal, I'll first of all tell my Opnion about this feature.

------------------------------------------
My First Impression:

I Used to Play zezenia in 2011 and Quited, I started to play again in this Years, Saw lot of changes and one of them was the Brewing Feature.
It really suprised me, and I started to collect lot of resources and did many potions. But some time latter I saw that brewing was waste of time but still a nice Feature, just need some improvments.

What's Brewing ?

Well, as a experienced RPG Player, Brewing is more kind of a Profession. Same as Blacksmith, Miner, Tailor, Leather worker, or others.
in some Huge RPG Games there's Players focused in be a master in a Pofession.
They don't really mind to Increase their Level or Strenght they just want to be the best player with that profession so They'll be able to make/create the Best Itens/Potions/Equipments to help others Players.

The Actual Point of View of Brewing in Zezenia:

PROS:

* Pretty Nice Feature.
* If you dedicated yourself to this profession you'll be able to make itens that other can't.

CONS:

* You Need expensive ingredients to make something worth
* With Low Level of Brewing you can't create anything good
* Potions are Restrict to Specific Ingredients/Monster
* Potions are Hard to Sell
* The Advantage you get from potions is really small

The main thing to make Brewing more Intreresting:

As I Said before, Brewing should be treated as a Profession. What does That Means?
In Real Life, you spent lot of time to be a good professional, and the most time you dedicated to do something, you'll do it quickler with a better quality.

Converting it to Zezenia we'll have:

* No need more Ingredients to make better potions, the quality of potions will depends on your brewing level.

Quoting Exemple:
To make a Light Potion you'll need: 1 Spider Legs and 5 Clouver.

If your Brewing Lv is 1~5.....: you'll receive a 1sqm Light Potion
If your Brewing Lv is 6~12....: you'll receive a 2sqm Light Potion
If your Brewing Lv is 13~20..: you'll receive a 3sqm Light Potion
If your Brewing Lv is 21~29..: you'll receive a 4sqm Light Potion
If your Brewing Lv is 30+.....: you'll receive a 5sqm Light Potion

That will makes brewing cheaper for the players that dedicated to it.

Some Other Small Things that could be change to decrease the Cons List:

* Player With Low Level Brewing could be Able to Create Life/Mana Potions
- That might be better than Light or brewing potion.
* Ingredients used to make potions should be Dropped by More Monsters.
- Exemple: I'm level 85 and I don't want to hunt Crabs to make Defensive Potions.
* Create New Potions, Exemple:
- Bonus EXP Potion
- Light Colored Potion (The Ligth Could Be red, green, purple, depends of the ingredients)
- Melle/Distance/Magic Level Temporary Increase Potion
- Invisible Potion (Makes you invisble for some time)
- Ghost Potion (Makes you able to bypass Player for some time - same as happens to players lv 19 or less)
- Increase Max Life Potion
- Increase Max Mana Potion
- Teleport Temple Potion.
- Imune Potion (Makes you imune for some seconds)

Some Big Things that could be change this scenario:

* Create Other Professions:
- Blacksmith (Able to enchanter your equipment/weapown to Increase Attack/Defense)
- tailoring (Able to create different armor with specifiqued Atributes)

Leech;
K-Zodron
Staff

7th November 2015 13:53:34 (Last edited 7th November 2015 13:56:43)

Potion strength by skill is unfortunately not going to happen for technical reasons. Brewing speed and recipe learnability are the only things it will affect. Nothing says that we won't have potions that require an even higher brewing skill in the future.

Anyway, perhaps the best solution would be to make all potions the same strength (maximum strength), and the potion size would only alter the length of the potion's efficiency. What do you guys think about that?

Light potion, +5sqm light, 5-25 minute duration
Gathering speed potion, +15% speed, 5-25 minute duration
Defense potion, +15 defending, 5-25 minute duration
Life steal potion, 15% life steal, 5-25 minute duration
Expertise potion, +15% crit chance, 5-25 minute duration
Magic defense potion, +10% magic defense, 5-25 minute duration
Haste potion, +100 levels speed, 2-10 minute duration
Luck potion, +50% luck, 5-25 minute duration

Edit: I will also consider changing some of the ingredients to cheaper ones, but would prefer to not do that yet.
Troyano
Player

Pharos
Level 260
Warrior
7th November 2015 14:45:06

Quoting K-Zodron:
Potion strength by skill is unfortunately not going to happen for technical reasons. Brewing speed and recipe learnability are the only things it will affect. Nothing says that we won't have potions that require an even higher brewing skill in the future.

Anyway, perhaps the best solution would be to make all potions the same strength (maximum strength), and the potion size would only alter the length of the potion's efficiency. What do you guys think about that?

Edit: I will also consider changing some of the ingredients to cheaper ones, but would prefer to not do that yet.

Consider add some useless products like Golems hearts
Mighty Balmor
Player

Elysium
Level 406
Warrior
7th November 2015 14:48:07

KZ any chance of change gathering too?
Troyano
Player

Pharos
Level 260
Warrior
7th November 2015 14:50:39

Quoting Coxinha Slayer:
KZ any chance of change gathering too?

yeah , more products per gathering lvls .. no more speed
Warrior Da Pesada
Player

Elysium
Level 186
Warrior
7th November 2015 14:57:54

Quoting K-Zodron:

That's a rational and simple thing to do. Because, come on.... I've never seen anyone using amp/vial/shot/jar of brewable mixtures.

About changing the ingredients to cheaper potions, I'm not so sure if it's a good idea. Maybe only reducing the number of collects and leafs/beets used to brew them would be fine, because people would need to spend less time to get skill 20 which takes some time to get collecting the amount needed of crab claws (what also in my opinion brings more and more botters to the game).

The creation of potions to fill the gaps between skill 20-30, 30-40 and 40-50 would also be greatly appreciated since right now the only way to get the skill is to brew Magic defense potions, which again, brings botters to the game, because no one can stand to hunt dwarf magicians for that long, and no one is going to buy their beards because they're really expensive (this case, i know, isn't controllable by you, but i just can't help pointing it out). Furthermore, Haste potions are so expensive they're not even worth brewing (for this one, i think you could consider discarding the Bottle of rage elixir and using something easier to obtain).
1 2 3