Heager
Player

Pharos
Level 116
Ranger
17th October 2015 11:26:54

Quoting Robert:
Quoting K-Zodron:
I have gone through the screenshots several times during the week, and I would say there are many good screenshot entries, and deciding a winner directly would turn out to be a too hard task.

Unfortunately not everybody can win, so I picked all the serious screenshot submitters, and drew the winners by luck (randomizing script). They are here in the following order:
- Robert
- De Paseo Tmb
- Ryvar

I have added the rewards to their characters.

I look forward to using these screenshots in many marketing campaigns we're planning in the near future (including Steam). Big thanks to everybody who took the effort to participate!

Thank you so much K-Zodron! This made my month, really happy too win something and it is a great bonus that the item is not only something to have in my collection but also a usable item that I will wield in my adventures!

This was a fun event and I had to think a little to figure out what to take screenshots of :)

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Also to the ones who do not like the method of picking the winner, I don't see any problems in the method used, many good images and contenders and if it's really hard to pick a winner of the bunch the only logical solution is to find a solution and the used solution is a fair one. Equal good contenders gets picked in a lottery = equal chances to win = fair.

Gratz ur worth it :)
Zaza
Elder Sage

Elysium
Level 275
Mage
17th October 2015 11:32:07

If winners could not be decided because there 'were too many good ones' then here are a couple options.

1. All serious contenders get the item. There were not many and Elysium got none. (This seems to be a rare collectors item and you randomize it? :/)
THEN randomize the 3 month premium prize.

2. Separate the item and premium time, and have 6 winners.

3. Do what you said and choose 3 winners. 1 for best pvp, 1 for best pve, and 1 for best shots of what you asked for ( new area)

4. People don't need anymore random loot like in-game so choose #1-3
Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
17th October 2015 12:10:13

Quoting Heager:

Gratz ur worth it :)

Thank you!
Dancore
Player

Pharos
Level 506
Mage
17th October 2015 12:38:03

Gz robert gz martypants gz some ryvar...

Lolled very very hard tho, i thought the best pics were pick'd but lottery? Ehh...
Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
17th October 2015 19:40:56 (Last edited 17th October 2015 19:46:29)

@K-Zodron - If I read right will Zezenia be submitted to Steam? If so it would help the game a lot since many new players would find the game that way!
Steam Stats and Achievements API will add a slew of new interesting features/tracking :)

It would also open up the possability of premium payments through steamworks microtransaction system, also client side account management and character creation would be helpfull OR just a launcher (including news, direct links to homepage etc) taking care of that instead.

This would be a humongous task tho.
K-Zodron
Staff

17th October 2015 19:53:49

Robert, the plan is to go on Steam Greenlight and see what happens. If I remember right, the last time I read about the process you needed about 15000 Yes votes to get accepted by Valve. That number might be a bit unrealistic for a game as small as ours. My main hope would be to get the game shown to the many Tibia players that use Steam as well, and spread the word that way. Of course if over a longer time with some growth and luck we acquire the required amount of yes votes (no votes don't count) we can start thinking about the integration and payment models, which I think Valve has some pretty strict requirements for.
Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
17th October 2015 21:22:14 (Last edited 17th October 2015 21:25:53)

Quoting K-Zodron:
Robert, the plan is to go on Steam Greenlight and see what happens. If I remember right, the last time I read about the process you needed about 15000 Yes votes to get accepted by Valve. That number might be a bit unrealistic for a game as small as ours. My main hope would be to get the game shown to the many Tibia players that use Steam as well, and spread the word that way. Of course if over a longer time with some growth and luck we acquire the required amount of yes votes (no votes don't count) we can start thinking about the integration and payment models, which I think Valve has some pretty strict requirements for.

Thanks for the reply K-Zodron this is a step in the right direction, I did know about greenlight but did not know it needed that many votes, but spreading the word and other Steam users who do not know about Tibia/Zezenia might fancy an 2D sprite MMORPG and vote on it (many around my age who enjoy oldschool gaming probably would get sold by the graphics style) so keeping hopes up that the game gets greenlighted in a forseable future.

So we can hold our thumbs that it all go through some day and planning for intergration can start! I for one will do my best getting people to vote yes on the greenlight, do not forget to announce in some way when Zezenia is in the greenlight area!
The Unknown
Player

Platon
Level 92
Mage
18th October 2015 20:55:55

Quoting K-Zodron:

That plan sounds really really good! keep it up dude 8)
« First
8 9 10