17th October 2015 19:53:49 K-Zodron View post »
Azzahr
Premium

Elysium
Level 592
Warrior
16th October 2015 20:06:11

Quoting Boxarn:
I would like to see the 3 winning Screen shots.

He must not know. :/
Akolix
Player

Elysium
Level 231
Warrior
16th October 2015 20:07:15

Quoting Boxarn:
I would like to see the 3 winning Screen shots.

I think we'd all love to see them, also show the results of the "randomized script"
Deadpool
Player

Pharos
Level 472
Ranger
16th October 2015 21:10:38 (Last edited 8th January 2018 20:45:50)

Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
16th October 2015 21:17:14 (Last edited 16th October 2015 21:25:12)

Quoting K-Zodron:
I have gone through the screenshots several times during the week, and I would say there are many good screenshot entries, and deciding a winner directly would turn out to be a too hard task.

Unfortunately not everybody can win, so I picked all the serious screenshot submitters, and drew the winners by luck (randomizing script). They are here in the following order:
- Robert
- De Paseo Tmb
- Ryvar

I have added the rewards to their characters.

I look forward to using these screenshots in many marketing campaigns we're planning in the near future (including Steam). Big thanks to everybody who took the effort to participate!

Thank you so much K-Zodron! This made my month, really happy too win something and it is a great bonus that the item is not only something to have in my collection but also a usable item that I will wield in my adventures!

This was a fun event and I had to think a little to figure out what to take screenshots of :)

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot

Also to the ones who do not like the method of picking the winner, I don't see any problems in the method used, many good images and contenders and if it's really hard to pick a winner of the bunch the only logical solution is to find a solution and the used solution is a fair one. Equal good contenders gets picked in a lottery = equal chances to win = fair.
Blood Hunter
Player

Platon
Level 14
Mage
17th October 2015 03:30:40

Quoting Robert:
Also to the ones who do not like the method of picking the winner, I don't see any problems in the method used, many good images and contenders and if it's really hard to pick a winner of the bunch the only logical solution is to find a solution and the used solution is a fair one. Equal good contenders gets picked in a lottery = equal chances to win = fair.

you are fine because you won. and isnt fair someone who posted 20 pics have the same chances than someone who posted 1 pic. insane.
Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
17th October 2015 07:58:29 (Last edited 17th October 2015 08:00:57)

Quoting Blood Hunter:
you are fine because you won. and isnt fair someone who posted 20 pics have the same chances than someone who posted 1 pic. insane.

It would have been fine even if I did not win. It's not like I would have another opinion just because I did not win.

What does picture quantity have to do with quality?
Earox
Player

Elysium
Level 325
Warrior
17th October 2015 08:25:06 (Last edited 17th October 2015 08:26:17)

Its just a bad idea of kz doing it this way, Because first he said I pick what i like blabla. I did not even participate because i am rlly bad at making good and beautifull screenshots, If kz had said he would draw the winners by random , then i would have participate by sending some pictures (who cares from what) then i atleast had a chance
Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
17th October 2015 08:59:23 (Last edited 17th October 2015 08:59:32)

Quoting Earox:
Its just a bad idea of kz doing it this way, Because first he said I pick what i like blabla. I did not even participate because i am rlly bad at making good and beautifull screenshots, If kz had said he would draw the winners by random , then i would have participate by sending some pictures (who cares from what) then i atleast had a chance

I think people misunderstood the method used to pick a winner.
KZ made a list of the contenders he felt submitted equally good pictures (picture quality can be based on multiple factors), So there where a finalist list of the best contenders. Then made a script picking out three of them in a order and every one in the list had the same chance to win.

So not everyone who posted pictures would be in the list just the ones he felt had equally good pictures in some way.

So even if you would have posted 20 pictures of cave crabs you wouldn't had a chance if the pictures submitted wasn't good enough to hit the "finalist" list.

Also to be honest, if he would just have picked three screenshots and three persons as winners there would probably still be people complaining since everyone have different taste and different views on what is the best screenshots in their opinion. So in my opinion this was the best way to solve it.
Boxarn
Player

Elysium
Level 257
Warrior
17th October 2015 10:43:30

I just hope that the winning picture was PVE, otherwise Elysium had no chance of winning, Since the 3 top winners was all on pvp servs.
Anyways, Congrats of your winning ;)
Robert
Player

Elysium
Level 133
Warrior
17th October 2015 11:04:05

Quoting Boxarn:
I just hope that the winning picture was PVE, otherwise Elysium had no chance of winning, Since the 3 top winners was all on pvp servs.
Anyways, Congrats of your winning ;)

Thanks! I had no PVP pictures :)
« First
7 8 9 10