1 2 3
Last »
Show staff replies in this thread
17th August 2015 13:40:20 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

15th August 2015 15:59:42 (Last edited 18th August 2015 08:13:42)

We have now opened the test server for update 5.5.0 to the public! Everyone is invited to join and test out the new technical features and changes.

Download the test client here:
(Test server now closed.)

Not available on the test server are:
- The new quests, including the newbie quests (not done yet).
- Some new newbie loot items are missing their real sprites.
- The new login background.

Please explore and test as much as you can and report any bugs you find in this thread. Notable reports may get rewarded. A full list of changes is included below.

Big thanks in advance to all testers!

Quoting Changelog 5.5.0:
- Added limit to amount of items that can be thrown on to a single tile (15 regular items).
- Added possibility to push players onto barrels in protection areas.
- Added message when receiving a parcel (both when you are online or when you login).
- Added hint about death loss recovery to death messages, when eligible.
- Added ability to drop items into NPC sell window, an alternative to scrolling through the long lists to pick your item.
- Changed all available achievements to be visible.
- Changed "Pulsating low health warning" to be enabled by default in new installations.
- Fixed various map bugs.
- Fixed walking keys sometimes getting stuck in connection to the Num Lock key.
- Fixed Caerfa depot area to have less problems with congestion / trapping (another entrance, adjusted layout).
- Fixed a bug with players able to attain insane walking speed for a few seconds with a combination of spells.
- Fixed bugs with party kills and suicide sometimes not being recoverable.

- Increased wand range to match that of other distance weapons.
- Reduced mana usage for all wands by 1, expect for oceanic wand and basic wand.
- Improved mana recovery from shot, jar and flask by 50%, 75% and 100%. However, with a red or blue skull, their efficiency is reduced by 33%, 40% and 50%.

- Made Challenge Tasks available for free accounts as well (from Thorvald) until level 30.
- Made "random" Challenge Tasks unavailable for players below level 30.
- Added quest hints in CTRL+Q within reasonable level range for Island of Cratai, Earl's Chicken Worries, Emeline's Questline, The Lost Blacksmith, Sven's Task, Kjell's Rescue, Marten's Questline.
- Slightly adjusted gold/food droprate of newbie/medium monsters (in no particular order): dark monk, orc warrior, orknie, spider, ghoul, bandit, dwarf, goblin chief, crab, snake, melket scout, cave crab, dark ranger, orc thrower, goblin, orc, obsessed monk, orknie general, rat, giant earthworm, gelid giant earthworm, gelid goblin, goblin berserker, vampire, gnome, warg, zombie, kidamru, thief, ruffian, thug, acid blob, composite bowman, forest elf, dark elf, orknie torturer and hornet.

Edit 18th August: The test server is now closed. Thanks to all testers!
Promil
Player

Elysium
Level 40
Warrior
15th August 2015 16:03:34 (Last edited 16th August 2015 04:34:55)

My bad, I'v readed "Now available". Thanks for correcting
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Mage
15th August 2015 16:55:21

Quoting Essa:
Are ya fckin' kiddin me/us with that "smile" background

Not available on the test server are:
- The new quests, including the newbie quests (not done yet).
- Some new newbie loot items are missing their real sprites.
- The new login background.
Ars Aequi
Player

Pharos
Level 189
Mage
15th August 2015 19:55:34

when change marks buff to same as rogue?? and the speed becouse we got nothing usefull now with ur speed buff when we use dis buff
Rathera
Player

Pharos
Level 150
Warrior
16th August 2015 00:31:23

Something is rong with my client i guess because when i walked into temple it said error then tryed to logon again and closed so i relogged to a different character same thing happened please help me.
Corleonee
Player

Pharos
Level 4
Warrior
16th August 2015 00:35:02

Quoting Rathera:
Something is rong with my client i guess because when i walked into temple it said error then tryed to logon again and closed so i relogged to a different character same thing happened please help me.

same for me ;> it says "Network Error" Lol

/G
Godlike
Premium

Pharos
Level 948
Warrior
16th August 2015 00:35:40

Disagree with 15 item stack , except on depot.

A whole point of a stack is too make your opponents scared to chase you down or up stacks. It is strategy and a great form of pvp for defensive reasons. Stacks are suppose to give your enemy fear and make them decide to go down in one. with this 15 stack limit players like Galator who bot can get rid of the 15 stack in 1 second, and wont have fear to come down into a stack

Solutions
- Dont make it 15 stack limit
- raise from a 15 stack to maybe a 50 stack ?
Corleonee
Player

Pharos
Level 4
Warrior
16th August 2015 00:40:36 (Last edited 16th August 2015 00:41:04)

Quoting Cream:
Disagree with 15 item stack , except on depot.

A whole point of a stack is too make your opponents scared to chase you down or up stacks. It is strategy and a great form of pvp for defensive reasons. Stacks are suppose to give your enemy fear and make them decide to go down in one. with this 15 stack limit players like Galator who bot can get rid of the 15 stack in 1 second, and wont have fear to come down into a stack

Solutions
- Dont make it 15 stack limit
- raise from a 15 stack to maybe a 50 stack ?

Well see it as a new strategy ;)

/G
Telecine Pipoca
Player

Pharos
Level 129
Warrior
16th August 2015 01:00:30

If i lvl up on Public Test Server, the character will be on the lvl on the update?
Promil
Player

Elysium
Level 40
Warrior
16th August 2015 01:32:10

Quoting Player Online:
If i lvl up on Public Test Server, the character will be on the lvl on the update?

Nope
1 2 3
Last »