1 2
Show staff replies in this thread
18th May 2014 18:21:33 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

17th May 2014 11:26:27

New to Zezenia? Register and start playing now for free!

[Previous devlogs: Opening of the Devlog | ... | About private test and more | Buy offers and guild wars]

----------------------------------------

In last week's devlog I wrote about the features that would come to the war system. The system has been nearly finished now, and you can see some screenshots of the interface below. To add to what was mentioned last week, there is an optional "Loyalty code" feature, which when enabled prevents players from being invited and leaving the guilds during war.

Additionally the entire guild creation, joining and management interface has been moved from the website to the game client. The interface should perhaps be a little bit easier to use than before, and it allows us to implement extra features like guild wars in a logical way, where everything is in one place.

We're looking to hold the public test server sometime during the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned!

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Guild management dialog.

Guild war creation dialog.
Iridia
Player

Platon
Level 29
Warrior
17th May 2014 11:42:24

first :>
looks great!
Gopness
Player

Pharos
Level 195
Warrior
17th May 2014 11:47:14

Tricked
Player

Elysium
Level 184
Ranger
17th May 2014 11:56:53

sounds nice, good job.
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
17th May 2014 13:01:12 (Last edited 17th May 2014 13:29:01)

How will we keep track of the current war systems, will the section Community > Guild Wars be maintained?
Anyways, it looks way more easier to use, much more simple. Good job

I suggest this tho:
KILLS LIMIT /Kills count limit/ Frags Limit or whatever you wanna call it:
- The first guild to reach X kills wins. (min 50?, max 1000?)

- Why? What's the difference?
If you only set DURATION as condition for the war system, the wars will be pretty boring. It will be people hiding in protection zones to avoid letting their enemies take kills to be counted to the war system. Even tho you said that there would be a minimum of kills to decide the war system, it wouldn't be enough.

EXAMPLE: A war system of 30 days (let's say the minimum kills to win any war is set to 50).
At day 11 the scores are Guild A (50), Guild B(35). Guild A will stop logging in for the next 19 days to win the war system..............BORING.

If you add a Max Kills Limit, that will be more balanced, once players will have the option to finish the war system before the 30 days incase they reach it. They will feel stimulated to kill more and more to finish the war as soon as possible.

- Practical example:
Ssschah
Player

Tipitaka
Level 8
Warrior
17th May 2014 13:20:04

Even tho this has nothing really to do with me, just though that perhaps there should be also option to disable the duration or kills limit. Like if you write 0 to them, it would mean that there's no duration in war and winner is the one who reaches first 150 kills. Or if you add 0 to kills limit, winner is who got more frags after 30 days. Mainly just the idea to give more options. Why I proposal it this way, is simple because I personally don't like a duration at all.

Also, just to confirm. It's still possible to leave guild/join with loyalty code, if also enemy team's leader accepts it? Right?
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
17th May 2014 13:28:46 (Last edited 17th May 2014 13:33:24)

I agree with you, Vee. But I don't know how hard it'd be to code that, specially how to prevent a conflict incase somebody puts 0 to Duration and 0 to Maximum Kills Limit.

Quoting Ssschah:
Also, just to confirm. It's still possible to leave guild/join with loyalty code, if also enemy team's leader accepts it? Right?
I don't understand what you mean, but well, if the loyalty code feature is enabled, no player will be able to join or leave any of the guilds in war.
If this feature is disabled, anybody will be free to join or leave the war system during it's duration.

I got a doubt too: I don't know how accurate will be the Loyalty Code, so I also suggest a feature to make the creation of War System as a proccess, which would consist of 3 parts:
- Creation: Guild A creates the war system and sends the proposal to Guild B.
- Acceptance: Guild B checks it and accepts the war system. Both guilds will then become into a Locked state -nobody can leave or join any of the guilds.
- Confirmation: Both guilds will see the locked conditions and confirm the war system. Once it's done, the war is on.

If my guild arranges a 5 vs 5 war system with another guild, both guilds would get into a locked state to prevent last minute invitations. I take a look at the website to see how big is my enemy guild, it's small. And then, while the war system is being created, they invite members, I accept the war system and it's too late, my guild of 5 members will be in war against 15 people instead of 5.
Fox Returnz
Player

Pharos
Level 141
Ranger
17th May 2014 20:43:24 (Last edited 17th May 2014 20:45:02)

Goood Job

i agree with The Warlock, and could implement Alliances Guilds example:

GuilD: X+Y Vs Z+W
Ryan The Alcomist
Player

Pharos
Level 171
Warrior
17th May 2014 20:48:49

This is not improvement. making guilds more complicated. no guild logo's like we asked for.

Anyway, Deadline will be Retired untill mages are balanced in Pvp.

Ryan~
Nietszche
Player

Pharos
Level 171
Ranger
17th May 2014 20:50:03

Agreed with Warlockk, current proposal by staff leaves gap to cheat the system easily
1 2