K-Zodron
Staff

10th May 2014 13:24:24 (Last edited 13th May 2014 22:58:34)

New to Zezenia? Register and start playing now for free!

[Previous devlogs: Opening of the Devlog | ... | Further content development | About private test and more]

----------------------------------------

This week we have implemented Buy Offers to the game's market system. For a fee of 50 gold, all players can list items they would like to buy on the market, and other players can then see these listings and choose to accept a buy offer if they are carrying the item(s) in question with them. According to experiences with similar systems in other games, this should balance the economy and drop prices of some overpriced items. We also expanded the market system to Caerfa, where NPC Merek will locate himself in the depot building after the upcoming update.

We've also been working on the improvements for the guild war system. In the future, guild wars will be started and managed via a dialog instead of NPC dialogue. The guild leaders will be able to decide on prize money, of which both guilds will pay half in advance. A war is won if the opponent guild surrenders, disbands or when one guild has more frags than the other one after a set time limit for the war. There will be a minimum limit of frags (20?) for a war to be winnable via the time limit, in order to prevent cheating (e.g. guild A kills 1 person and then don't login for a couple of weeks). There will also be ranking points for guilds, based on the ELO system, and a highscore on the website for the best guilds.

Speaking of highscores, we've added a soccer highscore to the website's highscore section. As you would expect, you can improve your soccer rating by playing soccer matches in the Culthan arena (and winning the matches).

If you have any great ideas for the guild war system, we're open to hear more about them.

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
Dialog for creating a new market buy offer.

Scenery near the Gulshan Village.

Irtugon in the mage's guild.
Nietszche
Player

Pharos
Level 171
Ranger
10th May 2014 14:20:47

Good to see some work on guild war system, I also like idea of guild highscores based on wars. I would add a 'guild status freeze' with guild war system. What is it? Basically when war begins guilds are frozen. You cannot leave or join guild that is in war with other guild. That (!) would prevent cheating in wars by leaving guild just before open battle to make enemies red names/ban (or declaring a war and right after it getting extra members to win it easily). Also from rpg point of view that would make much more sense. Once you are in war you cannot leave it, you are supposed to fight it.

Very good move with adding buying offer in market, that will definately regulate items prizes!

Can't wait for public test server to help with final touches!

Kind regards,

Supersaiyan Potty
Ravin Wiing
Player

Elysium
Level 95
Warrior
10th May 2014 14:40:19

This is what I'm talking about!!!!

THIS IS A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!! WOW! EXCELLENTE HAHAHAHA

The war system sounds more than great but the market improvemnt it's awsome! I really mean it.

I'M GONNA KISS YOU, K-Z.

hahahahaha great guys and now im gonna buy more pcards ;)
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
10th May 2014 14:44:39 (Last edited 10th May 2014 15:03:37)

Zezenia Online Forum ScreenshotZezenia Online Forum ScreenshotZezenia Online Forum ScreenshotZezenia Online Forum ScreenshotZezenia Online Forum Screenshot

All my suggestions to war system are here: My proposals for Everath:
to summarize the most important ones:
Loyalty Code feature:
Right now, players can join or leave a guild that already is under war system anytime. It's wrong. Either change it or make it optional. I suggest to make it optional, having two options:
1. Loyalty Code OFF: Letting guild quorum change anytime during a war system.
2. Loyalty Code ON: After a war system is accepted, none of the guilds might suffer from any changes - guild members cannot leave and already invited players will be unable to join it (to prevent the last second invitations to the guild before the acceptance of war system) , aswell as nobody will be able to get invited (no new invitations)

Winning result's announcement at guild chat:
Once a war system is over, a message will be shown at the Default Group Message of the winning guild to annouce it and let players informed, possibly even specifing how was it won:
F.e. 1 Congratulations, your oponent guild "NAME" has been disbanded and you won the war system! If there was a bet prize, make sure to collect your reward. (not sure if it will be at the depot of the guild leader or however, but anyways...)

2 Congratulations, your oponent guild "NAME" has fled from the war system and you are the winner! If there was a bet prize, make sure to collect your reward.

3 Congratulations! Your oponent guild "NAME" couldn't stand a chance and the war system has finished with a final score of 100-47 kills favoring your guild, cheers! If there was a bet prize, make sure to collect your reward.
{...}

Tax of cancellation feature:
The guild leaders will have the option of setting this feature enabled on their war system, by paying 1 premium card to the game/NPC + X cards to the oponent guild(1+, could be 1, could be 5, could be 10, the guilds will decide it).
What is tax of cancellation? If this feature is enabled, any guild that decides to cancel an ongoing war system OR disband guild during a war system will have to pay a previously set ammount of premium cards to the oponent guild.

How does it work in practice?
Guild A versus Guild B. They decide to enable this feature, so they pay 1 premium card to the game/NPC. Let's say they already had paid 50k each to unite a total of 100k as reward to whoever would win the war system by kill count. Incase any of the guilds gets disbanded OR cancels the war system, they will already have lost the 50k that was put into the total 100k reward AND ALSO would have to pay the X ammount of premium cards for the oponent guild, since the war system wasnt finished due to kills count, but by cancelling it.

I know there will be some guilds cancelling war systems/disbanding guilds to avoid further deaths, so they should have the option of being penalized by making the war system finish through any other way than the usual kills count balance (who reaches X kills first wins).

For now, that's it. Good job, keep those good news coming ^^
Marmore Fit
Player

Pharos
Level 21
Ranger
10th May 2014 17:01:28

Thanks for making it happen ^^, Good job

And i totally agree with Potty we need a rule on the war system which doesnt allow players to leave or invite members to the guild
when guild war has started.

Loving those new sprites *-*
Leary
Player

Pharos
Level 174
Ranger
11th May 2014 04:31:01

Nice one !