1 2 3
K-Zodron
Staff

27th March 2014 13:15:44 (Last edited 25th April 2014 20:26:14)

New to Zezenia? Register and start playing now for free!

----------------------------------------

We've now opened a new section on the forum, the Devlog, where we will post regular updates about what is happening behind the scenes with the development of Zezenia Online. Hopefully this will motivate people to stay positive about the future of the game, and convince players that we're indeed working on improving the game constantly.

With the next patch of the game we're looking to fix various inconveniences in the game. At the same time our content people are working on the map, of which you can see some of in the random location screenshots included below. I know everyone would really like an estimate on the time it takes to finish this update, but unfortunately as usually with these things, we don't really know. The longest project is the map update which we want to carefully make as perfect as possible and not rush it. Aside from mapping the new areas we'll also have to rework some quests (for example the subclass quests). We have and will still be actively looking for new staff such as graphics artists to our team to improve our development speed and the amount of new stuff.

Anyway, in today's devlog, I'd like to talk about our improvements to the buff display system as well as some other messages around the client. Basically, here's what's going to happen:

- Buffs will have their own "buff bars" shown in the game area. Hovering over them will display what buff it is, and how long is left.
- A message is shown on the game screen 15 seconds before a buff expires (granted the buff is longer than 15 seconds long).
- The onscreen message has been improved so that up to 4 of them are shown at the same time. Onscreen messages are for example the buff expire message, private messages you receive, the message when you look at items, and so on.
- The death messages have been expanded, to show you how much experience you have lost and what item you have dropped.
- All players who participated in killing a monster (i.e. everyone who receives experience for the kill) will see receive a "loot message" that displays what the monster dropped, if anything was dropped.
- Potions will show their level requirement in the look message, NPC shops will allow looking at items, spell cooldown time will be shown in the spellbox, and so on...

Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
The new buff bars as well as a part of the new depot.

The buff expiration message.

The expanded death messages.

The loot message.
Desding
Player

Elysium
Level 7
Ranger
27th March 2014 13:19:34

All my first! Yes!

Looking good!
Baltas
Player

Pharos
Level 362
Mage
27th March 2014 13:30:38

I am actually against the buff time bars. This will take away the factor of surprise especially in fights. Right now people rebuffing way more often than its needed, and unexperienced people just forget it time by time which leads them to death.

That's my personal opinion tho, and if majority willing to see the game easier, I guess it's better to satisfy the majority than me.
Paca
Player

Pharos
Level 94
Ranger
27th March 2014 13:31:36

Quoting Baltas:
I am actually against the buff time bars. This will take away the factor of surprise especially in fights. Right now people rebuffing way more often than its needed, and unexperienced people just forget it time by time which leads them to death.

That's my personal opinion tho, and if majority willing to see the game easier, I guess it's better to satisfy the majority than me.

Agree with Blatas.
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Mage
27th March 2014 13:33:44

Very nice.

In the long periods between updates at least now we can still see bits of the updates and know you're actually working on things, it gives a better connection between the developers and the community.
It's also great that you are fixing the things that a lot of the community has suggested.
Lazzoa
Player

Elysium
Level 77
Warrior
27th March 2014 13:35:01

very good, finally some good news about the game. however could resolve old issues as below.

click minimap
Follow Atack
Worsening rangers
Mano Gengiva
Player

Platon
Level 112
Mage
27th March 2014 13:52:38

Thanks KZ, I liked all the changes and the devblog as well.

@Katzin minimap click was fixed, just re-download your client.
Cao Raivoso
Player

Tipitaka
Level 27
Ranger
27th March 2014 13:54:32

Hello K-Zodron,

Firstly i wanna congratulate you on your awesome work! I'm sure this new update will rock.

Some of the proposals are going to be implemented as you showed us with the SS, but should we also expect to see the "Backpack on Login" proposal on this update or at least in the near future? I know you've got a lot on your plate right now, but you think its possible?
Horror Man
Player

Pharos
Level 250
Mage
27th March 2014 15:45:42 (Last edited 27th March 2014 15:46:01)

Make a NPC private chat, because I saw people pushing at Osvald because someone less than 30 wouldn't say bye or he couldnt
get a good task. People got mad at him and started pusing and he also got mad and started saying, hi bye hi bye hi bye to the damn NPC..
So please make a NPC chat..

About this Messages, they should not appear on ur screen, they should appear on another chat.. It's gonna be a hell of spam everytime you kill something!
Felicity
Player

Pharos
Level 91
Mage
27th March 2014 16:01:08

Quoting Baltas:

i agree on the pvp matters.

But still its an nice future!!
1 2 3