1 2 3
K-Zodron
Staff

7th April 2014 11:45:06 (Last edited 7th April 2014 11:45:33)

As has been planned for some time now, we have removed the level cap on Everath and introduced decreasing experience stages instead. Other game worlds are unaffected by this change. So from now on you can level beoynd 150 on Everath according to the table below.

Level | Multiplier
---------------------
1-150 | 10x (same as previously)
151-160 | 8x
161-170 | 6x
171-180 | 4x
181-190 | 2x
191+ | 1x (normal rate)

The actual game update will contain an increase in for example the gold drop rate, if we decide to implement that.

Have fun in Zezenia!
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
7th April 2014 11:54:35 (Last edited 7th April 2014 11:59:56)

Nice, K-Z! More people will be interested to be playing now without a level cap, that's for sure!

Quoting K-Zodron:
The actual game update will contain an increase in for example the gold drop rate, if we decide to implement that.

Hopefully!
If not an increasement on gold drop rate, something is needed to fix the economy. It doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to notice that the economy is ruined, all it takes is just to check the ingame market and take a loot at the price range of the rare items, from top to bottom.

Either Gold drop rate, price increasement of collect items on NPC...Anything that could help the economy, specially low levels, the newcommers that are not used to Osvald Tasks system and end up having an awfull start, with low skills and no cash to buy premium cards to cancel tasks, since most of them do not start playing a new game whilst already investing real life money in this.

More experienced players that are already used to how Osvald task system works do not face a big problem, but that's crucial for the newcommers that have never heard of Osvald, have no clue of how it works and what monsters are good/bad for them to pick, etc. That can be a downside for a decent ammount of them, since the early game is very important for their development and first impression.

Peace
Promil
Player

Elysium
Level 40
Warrior
7th April 2014 12:50:25 (Last edited 7th April 2014 12:50:34)

Quoting Warlockk Nonpvp:

More experienced players that are already used to how Osvald task system works do not face a big problem, but that's crucial for the newcommers that have never heard of Osvald, have no clue of how it works and what monsters are good/bad for them to pick, etc. That can be a downside for a decent ammount of them, since the early game is very important for their development and first impression.

Peace

/\true, I'v meet alot of newcommers askin' how to train etc.
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
7th April 2014 15:46:55 (Last edited 7th April 2014 15:53:59)

I'm talking to Mr Ralezz ingame right now and he has a different point of view than I...He thinks that if the gold drop rate gets increased, the price of the premium cards will automatically get increased by the ganancious people that sells them at market, this way newbies wouldnt be benefitted from it.

I don't agree with him, yet I still think he had valid arguments that should be taken into consideration prior to implementing such thing.

From my experience from Tartarus without 20% gold increasement) and then Tartarus WITH +20% gold drop rate, I still think that increasing the gold drop rate would be the best thing to do (of course there are other possible solutions, such as El Viperz idea of increasing collect items NPC prices, but thats another thing)

Gold drop rate is only just 1 of the several factors that influenciate on the price of premium cards. With or without +20% gold drop rate, the prices of premium cards will always rise up, that's no doubt. Therefore, checking pros and cons, I think there would be way more pros in the balance.
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
7th April 2014 15:59:26

Isn't increased price of pcards a good thing?
would encourage people to buy their own cards.
People will always buy cards, i buy lots of cards myself and i still buy from market at times.

And btw i don't get is arguement at all i mean if increased gold rate would increase
price of premium cards it would still be same value right?
The increased gold rate is supposed to help especially mages recover from hunts and continue their progressing.
I mean if a new player decides to play a mage and has abit badluck with loot, pks or whatever
he will experience a more limited gameplay and have a hard time progressing.

Even if it's a highrate server it's still 1x magic level rate and mages need that alot, they need to spend cash to keep up at this
server and that is where i think at this point new mages doesn't have as good game experience as they could have.
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
7th April 2014 16:11:35 (Last edited 7th April 2014 16:22:30)

Quoting Sunfire:
And btw i don't get is arguement at all i mean if increased gold rate would increase
price of premium cards it would still be same value right?

By Mr Ralezz's logic, +20% gold drop rate could make pcard sellers ganancious and also increase pcards by 20%, meaning no benefit at all for the newcommers. I disagree. Of course there's a chance that premium cards would get prices a litle bit increases by a possible +20% gold drop rate, but their price would not follow up same percentages. Maybe 5%?

With or without higher gold drop rate, warriors/rangers with 80+ skills PROFIT A LOT ALREADY, specially from rare items dropped, so that's why I dont think his logic makes MUCH sense.
Collect items, gold drop rate, rare items, skills of players, etc there are several factors that influenciate on prices of pcards, not just gold drop rate, specially just 20% increasement only. He sees those 20% as something that would ruin economy, I see it was something that would FIX the economy. Specially for mages that always waste on hunts.

EDIT:
Quoting Sunfire:
Isn't increased price of pcards a good thing?
would encourage people to buy their own cards.
People will always buy cards, i buy lots of cards myself and i still buy from market at times.

It's a good thing, yes, BUT gotta be controlled. Pcards are 4,5~5k each now and newcommers already struggle to make their first Osvald Tasks. Imagine if the pcards were 10~12k+ each?
Also, I don't think even high lvl players would spend as many pcards as they spend right now if they were priced at 10~12k+, for example.
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
7th April 2014 16:24:23

Well yeah i still don't get his point, maybe he's thinking about a 10x gold rate or something i don't know.
But gold increased by 20% would just be a little bit help for people it wouldnt really have any crucial effect.

As u mentioned warriors profits nicely, yeah they do.. mostly from the rares they can loot because even if they don't loot something on a hunt they profit abit on gold.
Meanwhile on a mage no loot can be devastating for his economy a 20% increased gold rate wouldnt effect warriors so much
we're already used to that they make profit, 20% more gold isnt huge, that's why gold and not item drop rate was proposed.
Doeden
Player

Pharos
Level 296
Warrior
7th April 2014 16:31:58

I think something more important to be discussed is that i think
why they don't like the idea of increased gold or drops is because
i think they make quite some gains on mages feeling the need to sell pcards
to keep up.
How would 20% increased gold rate effect that?
Derp
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Mage
7th April 2014 17:33:38 (Last edited 7th April 2014 17:35:56)

I'm going to have to say (I will get stick for this) that even 20% isn't going to make enough difference, I think more along the lines of 30-40% increase, people can use the argument of well other worlds done OK, but that was because they could sell premium cards to the shop for 4.5k EA bringing in infinite money so to speak, where as currently the money has to be made by someone for them to buy premium cards from others.

The premium cards rise is going to happen no matter what, It's cause people want more bang for the buck so to speak and a rise in gold loot might help that along by maybe a 3-5% increase, all monsters will receive this gold buff so in the end it will work out the same time wise.

I also think something could be done to the PvP (I've made a proposal or two about it) as at the moment the damage is a bit out of control, I guess we can wait till some mages get to 180-190 then see just how much cause they will cause, there is a few things that can and need to be done but with K-Z having a bit more time on his hands it does look promising.

For the next major update are we looking at a April/May/June release or are you nowhere near close enough to tell yet?
As always good job.
Ainz
Player

Pharos
Level 136
Ranger
7th April 2014 20:33:24 (Last edited 7th April 2014 20:40:20)

Quoting K-Zodron:
As has been planned for some time now, we have removed the level cap on Everath and introduced decreasing experience stages instead. Other game worlds are unaffected by this change. So from now on you can level beoynd 150 on Everath according to the table below.

Level | Multiplier
---------------------
1-150 | 10x (same as previously)
151-160 | 8x
161-170 | 6x
171-180 | 4x
181-190 | 2x
191+ | 1x (normal rate)

Have fun in Zezenia!

I THINK IT WILL BE A GOOD IDEA TO LET THE FINAL EXP X2 BCUZ IT WILL THE SAME LIKE PLANTON, TIPITAKA OR ELYSIUM, AND BELIEVEME I WONT GO LEVL UP IF IM 191, EXP1X + AND 3 LVL 130 COME TO KILL ILL SPEND 2 HOURS TO GET A LEVEL....... I DONT KNOW IF U UNDERSTAND MY POINT, IF THE EXP STAYS IN X2 PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS KEEP LVL UP
1 2 3