1 2 3
Last »
This thread has been locked by a moderator.
Show staff replies in this thread
31st May 2014 16:05:06 K-Zodron View post »
31st May 2014 16:38:27 K-Zodron View post »
1st June 2014 15:56:17 K-Zodron View post »
1st June 2014 16:07:32 K-Zodron View post »
1st June 2014 16:14:36 K-Zodron View post »
1st June 2014 17:53:55 K-Zodron View post »
1st June 2014 21:52:13 K-Zodron View post »
3rd June 2014 07:08:10 K-Zodron View post »
3rd June 2014 08:20:12 K-Zodron View post »
4th June 2014 04:06:11 K-Zodron View post »
K-Zodron
Staff

31st May 2014 16:04:46 (Last edited 4th June 2014 04:05:23)

A public test server has been opened to try out the new technical features and the new capital city. This means that you can not yet access the new hunting areas, for example the Gulshan Village is out of reach, and any new quests, monsters and items are not available yet either. Note that there are still some parts within the new city area that are not yet complete map-wise. However, you will spawn in the new Culthan and you can travel to old locations (Caerfa, Bersund, etc.) via boat. (Update 4th June: The public test server has been closed).

To outline what's going on, the old Culthan city will be "abandoned" and the new Culthan is the new capital city of the game. The new city is simply called Culthan, with the old city being called Culthan Ruins by the boat NPCs. It is not final yet how we will name the cities, whether the new city will get a new name altogether or if we will simply rename the old city to keep quests and books relevant. It is however certain that in the next update all old Culthan houses will remain possible to own, albeit unbiddable if ownership is lost.

Since from the technical perspective a lot of things have changed, a little bit of everything is in need of extensive testing to make sure there are no bugs and problems. We're willing to reward those who report notable bugs with for example premium cards. Please use this thread only to report test server problems! Also keep in mind that since this is a test server, it is possible that it might be offline at about any time to quickly fix problems, or if the server crashes. The test server is initially in Non-PVP mode, but PVP mode will be enabled later on.

House decoration & other house changes
House owners (taken from Everath for the test server) can try out the new decoration tab. All furniture (beds etc.) have been removed from houses to allow for better customization via the new house decoration system. House bidding is now done with premium cards instead of gold. Caerfa and Ben Qarassih houses are split to their own NPCs, which are the bankers in their respective cities.

Buff bars
Buff bars were added, meaning you will see the time remaining for your buffs live in your game screen. The colors in use are blue for speed buffs, red for negative buffs like curse and paralyze and green for the remaining general purpose buffs.

Monster loot shown in chat
You will see a loot message when you kill a monster. Note that no message is shown if the monster doesn't drop anything. All players who gain experience from that particular monster will receive the loot message.

Automatic opening of containers
Containers (backpacks etc.) should open automatically when you login and be placed at the same positions as when you last played. Note that the containers and their positions are character and computer-specific.

Market buy offers
The market now has buy offers, which cost 50 gold to add just like the sell offers. When making a new sell or buy offer, the server will automatically try to match existing offers to make immediate trades. It will always look for the most expensive possible trade.

Guild management & wars
Guilds are now managed ingame via the Guild Dialog, openable via CTRL+G or by pressing Guilds in the Actions sidewindow. One notable change to the guilds is that the leadership is longer required to remain premium, however the creation of a new guild has a fee of 10 premium cards. Most of the stuff should be fairly straight-forward to use, but you can find the draft for the manual article in the next post in this thread with more details.

Quivers
Fletchers sell quivers for 300 gold. Quivers are containers that rangers can place in their hand slot instead of arrows and bolts, and can instead place the ammunition inside the quiver, reducing the need to restock the ammunition slot.

Other stuff
Citizenship of Culthan and Caerfa is no longer quest dependent and you can gain citizenship by simply asking for it from the temple NPC. Some old quests were removed (Farm Girl, Richard hammer quest, Richard/Adolf/Thomas questline). Subclass quests were slightly adjusted to relocate them to be in or around the new capital. There is also a new task NPC in the new capital, called Thorvald. You can have tasks with both Osvald and Thorvald at the same time, but please note that if you get the same kill task each kill will only count towards one of the tasks.

Bugfixes & tweaks
- Extended duration of some multi-framed spell animations
- Slowed down diagonal movement animation to smooth it out and remove the pause
- Up to 4 on-screen messages can show at once
- Amount of experience lost and dropped item name is displayed in "death messages"
- Added in-client status notifications (login screen)
- Proper wordwrap for too long broadcasts and onscreen-messages
- Display spell cooldown seconds
- Show level requirement in potion look
- Fixed looking at shop items
- Warzone deaths leave a corpse
- Fixed client freeze bug when logging out while there area animations on-screen
- Added Weak Healing as default spell to F1 for new client installations
- Added smooth fadein at login
- Added smooth floor fadein/fadeout (can be disabled in Options dialog)
- 0 experience monsters (dogs, chickens) no longer follow like other monsters
- Increased preview size in outfit change dialog
- Split Options dialog under Interface and Graphics
- Market offers expire after 14 days
- Removed spell exhaust increase penalty
- Fixed hidden last item in market lists
- Fixed experience counter reset button triggering while experience calculator minimized
- Fixed stacks dropping on ground if inventory slot already full
- Fixed stacking items in container if container full
- Added Shift+Drag to move 1 item from stack
- Subcontainers will also be taken into account when adding items to player (for example when buying from a shop)
- Fixed delay in container closing
- Fixed inconsistencies in spell books
- Tooltips close when mouse moves 5px rather than 1px
- On-screen messages are displayed over dialogs
- Group level advancement messages into one
- Fixed premium zone coordinates (so you get properly thrown out of Karkkila when out of premium for example)

Feedback is naturally welcome. Thank you for helping us with the testing and have fun!

(Update 4th June: The public test server has been closed).
K-Zodron
Staff

31st May 2014 16:05:06 (Last edited 31st May 2014 16:05:17)

Quoting Guilds Manual Draft:
You can open the Guild dialog by pressing CTRL+G or the Guild button under the Actions sidewindow when logged in to the game.

If you are not in a guild, you will be presented with a dialog where you can either create your own guild, or join an existing one if you have been invited by a guild leader. To join an existing guild, select your desired invite from the list and press "Join Guild". You will be a part of the guild immediately. If you want to create your own guild, enter the guild name into the name textbox and press Create. The name must be between 3 and 20 characters long and may only contain alphabetical characters, dashes and spaces. Creating a guild requires level 15+ and costs 10 premium cards, so take care with the choice of your guild's name! A character may only be a member in 1 guild at a time.

Be careful when joining existing guilds, as you might find yourself in the middle of a guild war!

###########

In the Guild Management tab you can see a list of the guild's members and the current channel message. Members who have a rank with guild leader permissions may change the channel message and edit ranks by pressing the Edit Ranks button on bottom right. Members who have a rank with at least vice-leader permissions may also invite new players to the guild. Note that guilds are limited to 200 members, including invites.

To edit a member's title, rank or to kick them, first select the member from the list and then click on Edit or Kick. A guild member can always kick themselves, regardless of rank, unless the guild is in a war with loyalty code enabled. To kick or edit other members, leader or vice-leader permissions are required, and the edited member must be of a lower rank position than yourself. However, rank position 0 guild leaders may also edit or kick eachother. Note that if a guild leader is kicked out of the guild and no guild leaders remain, the guild will be automatically disbanded!

###########

In the Guild Wars tab all of the guild's members will see a list of active guild wars. Members with guild leader permissions may also create, accept or cancel/surrender wars.

To create a new war, press the Create New War button on bottom right. A new dialog will open up, where you enter the name of the opponent guild, the war duration (in days, between 1 and 30), the loss fee (between 0 and 10 million gold) and whether the war should have loyalty code enabled. Duration is the amount of days the war will last after it has been accepted, although it might end earlier if one of the guild's decide to surrender. The loss fee is paid immediately when creating a war by the war initiater, and immediately by the leader of the accepting guild when accepting the war.

A war will expire automatically if it is not accepted within 24 hours. If the war is not accepted, or results in a draw, a top position leader of the initiating guild will receive the loss fee money back in their bank balance. If a war is won, the winning guild's top leader receives the loss fee of both guilds on their bank balance. If a war has loyalty code enabled, no members may be invited or kicked from a guild after the war has been accepted. Note that players who have been invited prior to the start of the war may still join the guild. A guild may initiate at most 4 wars at a time, however, the amount of challenges received is not limited.

During an active guild war members of the opposing guild are marked with a red health bar and may be killed without counting towards your unjust kills. A war is won if either guild surrenders after a war has been accepted, or when the time limit expires and either guild has more frags than the other guild. Note that a guild war will always result in a draw if the total amount of frags is under 20 after the time limit has expired.
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
31st May 2014 16:17:02 (Last edited 31st May 2014 16:20:57)

Unable to login yet; still only for sages+
Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
EDIT1: Now it's offline, hopefully it's getting fixed to open for all.
EDIT2: It has been fixed now
Farop
Player

Platon
Level 11
Mage
31st May 2014 16:18:44

CONNECTION FAILED , ERROR CODE #10061

:/
Skugsturken
Player

Pharos
Level 83
Warrior
31st May 2014 16:19:52

Sounds great, wish I could join tho :(
The Warlockk
Player

Elysium
Level 190
Mage
31st May 2014 16:26:09 (Last edited 31st May 2014 16:32:14)

@K-Z
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I don't care about it. What I care is that it's weird now....Why cant I see my buffs on at that spot anymore? I could just see each icon and identify the buffs/debuffs. Now I'll only be able to check these by the coloured bars? It's not cool in my opinion, couldn't it be added to be also like before?
Zezenia Online Forum Screenshot
K-Zodron
Staff

31st May 2014 16:38:27

Quoting The Warlockk:
@K-Z
Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I don't care about it. What I care is that it's weird now....Why cant I see my buffs on at that spot anymore? I could just see each icon and identify the buffs/debuffs. Now I'll only be able to check these by the coloured bars? It's not cool in my opinion, couldn't it be added to be also like before?

The icon bar in the "Inventory" dialog is kind of stupid so I want to get rid of it completely. Since you realistically aren't going to have that many buffs at once, isn't it fairly easy to tell them apart with just the bars?

Also if the test server doesn't let you login at the moment, please try again in a few minutes.
Skugsturken
Player

Pharos
Level 83
Warrior
31st May 2014 17:04:07

Dont think its a bug, but just incase.. Raymond(Screenshot below) is stuttering when he is walking, not sure if its supposed to be like that :P
http://gyazo.com/bc2d0e54270ebb5bbcfe1fdff1d5ba3f
Botiis
Player

Pharos
Level 352
Warrior
31st May 2014 17:04:42

Nice update!

Keep doing a great work!

The new city seems to be 10x better than the old one, I also liked very much the new arena, but would be nice if we could put 2 teams to fight on it, with off friendly fire, as it have in others mmorpg's. The other ground levels in arena seems to be useless once if you're at +1 you cannot see the hit's of players.

Great work again!

I'm pround to see this game growing
Ronnie
Player

Pharos
Level 252
Ranger
31st May 2014 17:55:44

i think this update is retarded...

No exhaust and still poofin sign's.
Able to cast combo's to easy.
Every noob br can survive anything now.