Muncieman
Player

Elysium
Level 244
Warrior
18th February 2018 17:36:21

Why in the world does Thorvald and Osvald give mage's melee not magic level? I am sure this has been proposed time, and time again. I just dropped millions on my mage last night, and I seriously just want to walk away from him now. This is silly, and terribly discouraging. Please look into changing this. Although for mage's that are already playing, the damage is already done. Thank you kindly for your time, services, and consideration.
Muncieman
Player

Elysium
Level 244
Warrior
18th February 2018 17:55:59

Ok after speaking with a guild mate, I can totally understand as to why you don't get Magic Level for those repeatable tasks. Although why in the world do you get melee? I would suggest giving mages a little more on the def skill only, or if that isn't possible. Then give some exp with def skill. Anything but melee. The mage can't use melee weps anymore that option for tasking on those NPC's is outdated.
Senta Amanda
Player

Pharos
Level 652
Mage
18th February 2018 20:45:26

Doing that maybe the mage's will be less tank and will give more damage, i agree
Muncieman
Player

Elysium
Level 244
Warrior
18th February 2018 21:13:33 (Last edited 19th February 2018 05:59:50)

After further consideration. I have come up with my ideas being a nerfed magic lvl 0.5x gain, with 1x def or 1.5x def gain only. Since they nerfed mage def by taking shields away, and giving us spell books. For the 2 tasking quests.
Muncieman
Player

Elysium
Level 244
Warrior
21st February 2018 18:50:05 (Last edited 21st February 2018 18:52:06)

Quoting Archerxs:
Doing that maybe the mage's will be less tank and will give more damage, i agree

Indeed... As well as the heart of the matter. If spend your time tasking and get melee not magic, it's absurd. They have now patched mages to be unable to use melee weapons and shields. Melee skill was silly to begin with. Now it's totally outdated though and a waste.