Show staff replies in this thread
22nd February 2018 20:20:18 GM Quillon View post »
Grumpy
Player

Elysium
Level 131
Mage
18th February 2018 14:08:12 (Last edited 18th February 2018 14:28:53)

Hello,

Please take away the vocation requirements towards shields. It's so far from what this game was always about "Old school tibia". You need to think about the effects this has on the economy in game and for the people playing it before making such a drastic change. Only warriors buy shields rendering them basically worthless now because players keep looting them and nobody is buying them... Please also make NPC to SELL all the new items in the last update... It seems completely pointless to even make new items if you cant sell them to anyone... This new update was definitely 1 step forward and 10 steps backwards.. I can appreciate the fact that you are trying to make updates but you are putting another nail in the coffin on this one. Its sad because I really liked this game and spent quit a bit of money already on it for basically nothing. I've made inquires with your service email and every time I get short answers on how you cant help me because it cost resources. Disappointing to say the least, I hope you make better changes in the future that will help the game and the few that still play it..

Thanks for the fun while it lasted,

-Grumpy-
Muncieman
Player

Elysium
Level 244
Warrior
21st February 2018 18:01:56 (Last edited 21st February 2018 18:06:21)

I second this notion. Yes this game has come a long way since I started nearly a decade ago. With that being said. The game has suffered some in certain aspects. Due to lack of attention to details. For whatever reason that I don't know. I can only assume it's because this is merely a side hustle and you have a real full time job. You have put out some amazing patches over this period. They just seem a little half thought out. Grumpys points is extremely valid. The example of the new items and the economy. If you can only sell to players via private trade and the market. You will never have an outflux only an influx of that said item or items. This isn't good for anyone. For example in the dollars and cents perspective for you as the game owners. The rarer the item is the more likely its expensive enough for some player, with more money than brains, is going to buy premium cards and obtain said item way to early. To give him that unfair, but legal advantage. Which I'd like to add I don't mind this little advantage. If you are silly enough to spend hundreds of dollars a week or month on this game you do deserve advantages. Cause the game would surely die without this financial resource and no one wants that. So with all that being said. It appears staff is shooting themselves in the foot on this one. It also makes no sense for staffs reasoning not to fix said issues being it costs unavailable resources. Since these seem to be costing staff money everyday it isn't fixed according to my calculations. I have also posted proposals myself pertaining to another seemingly half heartedly attempts to give us rushed updates. So thank you Grumpy for caring about the game and us in the community.
GM Quillon
Game Master

22nd February 2018 20:20:18

Hi,

Quoting Grumpy:
Please also make NPC to SELL all the new items in the last update...

As before, with the next update, we will add possibility to sell new items.

Quoting Grumpy:

Please take away the vocation requirements towards shields. It's so far from what this game was always about "Old school tibia". You need to think about the effects this has on the economy in game and for the people playing it before making such a drastic change. Only warriors buy shields rendering them basically worthless now because players keep looting them and nobody is buying them...

Before update, mages were able to block too high amount of physical damage. We banned so many mages with not so high defending skill, but with good eq. These mages were able to hunt monsters (especially Nocturnes,Dark Elves) like warriors.
This change was nessesary.

-- Quillon